Why Shouldn’t the Miscellaneous Post Happen on Miscellaneous Days?
· I used to have a blog schedule – Monday Miscellany, Thankful Thursday, Project 365 on Saturday, with a poem or two sprinkled through the week. What happened? I think I’ll let it slide this summer, but I tell you come fall things will shape up around here!
· I had a slight gain this past week (less than a pound), but my goodness, who can blame my body? I’m not going to name all the things I ate, but their initials start with pizza, cookies & candy bars. Sheesh. I mean, I can have pizza, cookies & candy bars, but not in the excessive way I ate them last week. For example – all three in one day? Not really a healthy strategy. This week looks much better so far.
· Speaking of health strategies, I’ve done pretty well trying to walk each day. I still haven’t ramped up the amount of time I spend doing it, but I’m happy with my somewhat consistency (I “accidentally” took the weekend off). Yesterday I mowed a large portion of our lawn. I don’t know if I’m happy that it only took 22 minutes – longer would give me more activity points so I could eat more food (that really is how it works – imagine!), but I might have collapsed in minute 23. You never know. I guess I could slow down – I probably look like some sort of kamikaze mowing fool out there going full steam ahead.
· So, I’m on the last Tess Monaghan book. And a couple of months ago I finished up the Barbara Holloway series. I need a new series of books to read and/or listen to in my car. I like series because you get to know the main character really well, and it doesn’t require any thought to pick out the next book. Any recommendations out there? I’ve already read all the Eve Dallas books too. As you can see, I prefer the female sleuth. Although I’m open to a male one.
· Did you know that when your yarn is “fuzzier” (my technical term for the weight of yarn), the item you make “might” be bigger than the same item made with less fuzzy yarn? And yes, I did count all the rows correctly thankyouverymuch. Lesson learned. Anyone out there have a really large head? And maybe a lot of dreadlocks you’d like to cover up in a jaunty red?
|HOUS* *Hat of Unusual Size|
|The "normal" one|