Saturday, June 16, 2012

2012 Project 365 – Week Twenty-Four




This was a slow picture week – mainly because Dr. M has been out of town (he gets back tonight – squee!) and for some reason when he’s gone instead of doing all these things that I think I’ll do, I turn into a hermit. I did take some pictures, but it’s just not the same. Sigh.
Saturday, June 9th
I went to get a haircut (just a trim – three inches!), and she finished so quickly I decided to check out a nature preserve not far from the shop. Of course, I forgot to take my camera on the trail, but I took these shots after I got back to the car. You probably can’t tell, but that’s quite a steep hill down to the trail. There’s a little creek where I stole some rocks (you’ll see why later in the post). It is definitely a place I want to explore more thoroughly later – WITH my camera.



Sunday, June 10th
Another church member and I were supposed to take communion to one of our shut-ins this morning. I love how the communion kits look like shaving kits – ha! However, our shut-in was either not home or not answering the door :(  But Rick & I enjoyed our conversation on our way out there & back.


Here is what we’re doing with the rocks. Dr. M & I decided to build a small cairn in our back yard, to commemorate our mothers and other important events in our lives. We’ll add rocks as we get them. We also put the sea shells we gathered at the beach last month.


Monday, June 11th     
Monday’s “lunch.” Well, actually there are snacks in there too. Ha! (I forgot to label the little container of goldfish. To answer DFTP's question - NO, those are not actually fish. They're crackers. And they're not fish flavored crackers either. They're like cheese nips. In the shape of fish. I don't know why. :)


The State of the Bug – dilated.


I wrote about these pictures here.

Tuesday, June 12th   
Dr. M took lots of pictures today. Flowers from our yard.




The weekly squirrel.


Our tomato & corn plants. That monstrosity in the front is my bolted volunteer cilantro plant – I love how out of control it is.


Wednesday, June 13th   
The Tax Time Pig. Is that supposed to be a blue lobster? Weird crab? Some sort of hybrid creature of the sea?


Thursday, June 14th       
Look! Our volunteer tomato plant is making tomatoes! Imagine that!


Friday, June 15th       
A coworker & I have been walking almost every day for two weeks now. I keep a pair of tennis shoes under my desk (which reminds me – I finally took my socks home to wash (ew!) – better remember to take a fresh pair back on Monday!)


On this day we walked to the mailbox down the road to mail these Father’s Day cards (Happy Father's Day Daddy!) that I’ve had since SUNDAY. What’s the likelihood they will arrive on time? Slim and none, that’s what. Sigh.


This is on my weekend agenda. Although I downloaded a new book on the Kindle Friday night so the crocheting might have to wait.


When I got home from work I took a few pictures out back – I know Dr. M took a picture of Tuesday’s daylily, but this is Friday’s daylily – an entirely different flower. Really!


Go to Sara’s blog here to see the blogs of all the other Project 365 participants. Have a great week!

Most of our photos are taken with a 12 megapixel Nikon D5000 DSLR, using a 55-200mm zoom lens. This is the camera that Dr. M takes with him most days. He also takes pictures with our old reliable 7 megapixel Canon Powershot A710.  The Bug uses our new Nikon Coolpix S6200 most of the time. If you’re interested in which camera was used for a particular shot, just ask! 

9 comments:

  1. My hubby was out of town last week also....and I did not get a lot done either. I love the cairn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really laughed at tax pig disguised as a crab, or lobster, or whatever the heck that was. Love the tax pig!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok,the pig was over the top this week!!! looks like a blue octopus to me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The squirrel looks like he's praying. Maybe for nuts? He cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love daylilies!

    The Tax Time Pig is out of control this week. Very strange.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i always enjoy your photos - they are great.

    The last one of the flower is amazing

    TTP - is it national Squid week or something?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Would I ever love to have some of that cilantro! haha Actually I'm getting ready to plant some seeds that Be Still & Know sent me. I luuuurve cilantro in so many dishes, and it's impossible to find here.

    I don't mind the dilation part of the exam; it's when they sit you in front of that little machine and blow air in your eye that makes me nuts!

    I'm the same way...when Ivan leaves, I hunker down and become a hermit. I just enjoy that time to myself -- maybe a little too much :) I've learned I need to "recharge my batteries" by being alone.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all your gorgeous flowers. Tax Time Pig was a bit weird this week. Your lunch/snacks looks a lot like mine since they found the ulcerative colitis. Hope you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Poor pig.
    Squirrel is posing handsomely, however,
    Great pics always.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Twelve

I woke up not feeling well and skipped church (for the second week in a row - oops), but that doesn’t keep me from being deep in the throes ...