Saturday, January 11, 2014

2014 Project 365 – Week Two

So, how did everyone survive the Polar Vortex? Personally, I ate soup & tried a particular garment for the first time this year…
Sunday, January 5th   
I’m pretty sure that as long as we have corn we’ll have a picture of a squirrel on the feeder…


Junco!


I tried to use my Planet Box as much as possible this week. This is Monday’s lunch.



Monday, January 6th
It was so cold that the wreath we have on the back door froze to the door!


There were about six male cardinals in our back yard. Very unusual for us!



I bought some mini sweet peppers to eat this week – so cute & pretty!


Tuesday’s lunch – that’s leftover mac & cheese with ham & peas in the purple container.


Tuesday, January 7th            
The temperature was this on Tuesday:



So I pulled out a mock turtleneck for the first time this season. Ordinarily they’re a staple of my winter wardrobe, but with my increased body temp these days I haven’t thought I could tolerate them. But I figured at minus 9 degrees I might be safe. And I was. Mostly.


Wednesday, January 8th
The Tax Time Pig! This might be my last picture of it since our office is moving over the weekend. But we’re not moving that far away so I might venture down its street again sometime.


Thursday’s lunch – that’s honey mustard dressing in the little container, for dipping the squash & tomatoes. I had soup too.


Thursday, January 9th    
More snow started falling Thursday night. I was surprised by it because the temps had started rising by then. It sure was pretty…



Friday, January 10th  
Squirrel…


I was going to do the 10 on 10, but my pictures bored me. But here are a couple. The stack of 28 boxes I packed in our office – it’s all ready for the movers to take them to the new office where I can then UNpack all of them. :)


Our Christmas tree still makes me smile… (p.s. um, the lights are sparkling on here - how the heck did that happen? I like it!)


Saturday, January 11th   
I found this penguin business card holder at the bottom of a box at the office. I don’t use business cards in my current position so I was trying to figure out what to do with it. I went online & found some affirmations, and then I used them with some of our pictures from this year & printed them on card stock. Pretty cool!



Have a great week!

Most of our photos are taken with a 12 megapixel Nikon D5000 DSLR, using a 55-200mm zoom lens. This is the camera that Dr. M takes with him most days. He also takes pictures with our old reliable 7 megapixel Canon Powershot A710.  The Bug uses our new Nikon Coolpix S6200 most of the time. If you’re interested in which camera was used for a particular shot, just ask!

30 comments:

  1. How did you get the tree to sparkle? That's cool!

    Glad we didn't face your temps this week! In fact we really didn't have the cold everyone else had. We had our crazy cold spell back in November.

    Great idea with your pictures, printing them with affirmations. I keep telling you that you guys that some of them are so good you should try selling them!

    I think I might just miss the Tax Time Pig :(


    I found a new 365 I joined up with. If you are interested here is the link...

    http://www.nurselovesfarmer.com/2014/01/catch-moment-365-week-1/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have NO idea how that happened - magic I guess :)

      I'll check out the site, but things are so busy that I'm not really able to read other blogs right now. Sigh.

      Delete
  2. I like the business card holder and the affirmations. I could use that reminder to be silent and breathe.

    I also like the almost Japanese precision with which you lay out your lunch in the planetbox, which is kind of a bento box with unicorns. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This week has been so crazy already that I've been trying to really pay attention to the affirmations. Today's is "Good Morning! Yes it will be a good morning & a good day!"

      Delete
  3. Yeah, I don't wear turtlenecks much any more either, but once in a while...
    NOT missing the cold, the ice, the massive amounts of snow! But I do enjoy looking at your pretty pictures :)
    Good idea on repurposing the business card holder.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you really not know how the tree is sparkling? So pretty!

    We had that same snow here on Friday, equally unexpected.

    Good job on the healthy lunches!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It takes more planning so I imagine I'll be hit or miss...

      Delete
  5. oh my word, I so want one of those lunch boxes!!! you think my husband would buy me one even if I eat my lunch at home?!! :)

    no snow here....thankfully!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want that planet box. It's so neat, it almost make me want to start working again just so I can take my lunch in it. Bet my grands would love something like that.

    That penguin affirmation holder is super. You are so clever. I swear.
    Sorry we might be saying good bye to the tax time pig. He gave me lots of laughs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a great lunch box. we were at 25˚ on tuesday and 70˚ on Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that lunch box (so does Bella) her two loves unicorns and penguins!! Everytime I see a picture of a squirrel I think of the movie Up. All I have to say is BURRRRR....

    As usual love your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sigh. My comment disappeared. Thanks, Google Overlords.

    1. I like how you repurposed the card holder. It gives me an idea for someone I know. Thanks!
    2. This recent warm spell has finally allowed me to see clear roads and green grass. I am everso grateful. I never see snow as pretty--sorry!--only as an obstacle and a hindrance to my comfort.

    I hope your unpacking goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the snow is pretty for about one week total & then I'm ready for SPRING!

      Delete
  10. Those boxes show what an organized person you are. I hope the rest of the moving and unpacking goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I am NOT organized. You should see what's in them - it's a mess :)

      Delete
  11. I am so fascinated by your lunch pictures, I may have to get a cool lunch box like that, too.

    We moved at work about a year ago, but just from one room in the building to another room (a bit larger) right next door. I knew my boss wanted to get the larger office eventually, but I had no idea when it would happen until I walked in on Monday morning and everything had been moved by my boss over the weekend. Easiest move ever!

    Have fun unpacking! And I love the cards with your photos and the inspirational sayings on them. You come up with such neat ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoa! That WAS an easy move! At this point I am pretty darn jealous!

      Delete
  12. Love the view of your home bathed in fresh snow. I'd LOVE some fresh snow. If I don't see it within the next 4-6 weeks, I'm afraid it's just not gonna happen this winter. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scott I'm afraid you're just going to have to take a trip to Colorado :)

      Delete
  13. Good luck with the move. Such a bother.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay for always squirrels! Boo for no more tax time pig! Yay for sparkling on tree! Boo for frigid weather. Glad all is normal at the bug home!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the shots. The red birds are my favorite this week....oh and the sparkling Christmas tree. I am loving your lunch box. I think I must have one. I will be missing my little pig friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Eleven

This week at work was brain intensive which means I’ve spent the weekend trying to use as few brain cells as possible. That might affect the...