Saturday, August 4, 2012

2012 Project 365 – Week Thirty-one



Now that it’s August, my thoughts are turning to fall. Too bad the weather isn’t – ha! 

Note: Dr. M has posted more pictures this week – go here and here to check them out.

Saturday, July 28th
We met some friends for brunch. It’s so much fun to meet fellow bloggers!


Sunday, July 29th  
Saw this on my way home from church. Doesn’t she look yummy? Heh.


Dr. M fixed a sandwich with our giant tomato – wow!


Goldfinch.


Monday, July 30th   
The weekly squirrel.


There’s a moon in the sky!


Baby bird (I think this is my favorite picture this week).


Fence reflected in the cement pond.


The Last Daisy.


Our mums are ready to step into the daisy breach.


Tuesday, July 31st
Bunny in the back yard!


There’s a moon in the sky!


Wednesday, August 1st   
Another moon shot – lovely!


Thursday, August 2nd        
The State of the Bug – TGIF! P.S. Um, ladies, I color my hair, so the gray from last week was pretty alarming since it’s apparently color resistant. Or maybe I just need to color again.


Bird at the cement pond.


It’s sparrow-palooza around here!


We call this Sparrow Springs -  they like to drink from the air conditioner condensation.


See – Sparrow-Palooza. Scary!


Hummingbird!


Friday, August 3rd         
Geese on the move.


Cows. I love how they stare balefully at Dr. M while he takes their picture. Ha!


Go to Sara’s blog here to see the blogs of all the other Project 365 participants. Have a great week!

Most of our photos are taken with a 12 megapixel Nikon D5000 DSLR, using a 55-200mm zoom lens. This is the camera that Dr. M takes with him most days. He also takes pictures with our old reliable 7 megapixel Canon Powershot A710.  The Bug uses our new Nikon Coolpix S6200 most of the time. If you’re interested in which camera was used for a particular shot, just ask! 

17 comments:

  1. A great week! So happy you all got to meet up with Anne and Ken! :c)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cows are not to be trifled with. Sleep lightly, and with one eye open, if possible. I suggest doing so in shifts. Above all, no beef or dairy for at least a month. They know.

    Also, thanks for putting the B-52s in my head ... There's a moon in the sky! It's called the moon! (not sarcastic ... I love that song.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was watching a hummingbird at our trumpet vine this morning. To get to "the good stuff" he had half his body inside the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those cows are staring at you like you're holding a stun gun instead of a camera.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I noticed the full moon earlier this week and immediately thought of you.

    That's a good thing, by the way.

    People sometimes tell me they saw some really yummy chocolate and thought of me. The first time someone told me this, I knew my mission in life was complete.

    I love the cow pictures. Now you have me wanting to take some, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how I wish I could fast forward a couple of months! It will be AT LEAST that long until things begin to cool off here.

    S

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sparrow-palooza! Ha! That's a little Hitchcockian, isn't it?

    Were you deliberately alluding to the B-52s song "There's a Moon in the Sky (Called the Moon)"? That's what popped into my head...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful shots, as always!

    Every year when I see people's abundance of tomatoes that they can pick right from their own garden, I think, NEXT year is the year I am going to plant a few things. And then...it doesn't make the priority list. But I'm still jealous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been trying to catch a glimpse of some baby birds under our deck but I think they have already flown off. :(

    Our tomatoes are done..completely burned up now. so sad!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The tomato looked very tasty. Loved all the bird shots this week, especially the hummingbird. I look so forward to seeing what you have to offer up each week. Makes me want to get outside and hunt for these things....but then I step outside and it feels like it is 100 degrees....and i go back inside to work. Maybe in the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Still so envious of your tomatoes! Ours refuse to ripen, now. I think I'm giving up next year. (Lisa, you can have my turn!)

    I'm worried about The Professor's effect on cows. Has he tried talking pleasantly to them before he takes their picture? It always works for me. Many times they come right up to the fence for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely have the B-52s in my head every time I see the moon :)

    We haven't really been leaving most of the tomatoes on the vine long enough to ripen - afraid of squirreliness. But we've left a few to see if they'll actually ripen this year.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great bird pictures this week!

    We are enjoying the last of our tomatoes here too!

    Blessings
    R

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's been awhile since I've visited, I'm sorry to say. Loved seeing all your pictures.
    The sparrows might give me nightmares; that's a LOT of birds at one time in your yard.

    ReplyDelete
  15. the bird shots this week were great and the big moon in the daytime is a fab shot

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really like the one where the fence is reflected in the cement pond. Very cool! But the Wednesday moon shot is also very "moody" and interesting.

    Can I have one of those sandwiches? Yum!

    I quit coloring my hair. Fortunately I have light, ash blonde hair so the gray looks like highlights. Except for those springy ones with weird bends and crooks that stick out. Those remind me of going to a science museum and touching the ball that gives you instant static. Ahhhh, the joys of growing older :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Twelve

I woke up not feeling well and skipped church (for the second week in a row - oops), but that doesn’t keep me from being deep in the throes ...