Thursday, August 29, 2013

Thoughts While Riding My Bike*

Ooh – it’s very pleasant this evening – wind blowing through my hair – nice!

Hey it’s the kid who usually races me, but he’s ignoring me. Was it something I said?

Ooh pretty flowers!

Why do I never remember to bring the camera?

What are all these cars doing around? Shouldn't everyone be home now?

Actually, it’s a little humid out here now.

Whee!

Hey lady on your cell phone! Slow the heck down – there are kids (& me!) playing in this neighborhood!

Hey Ruth!

Ugh I hate this hill.

You know – frankly I’m pretty sweaty now.

OK, time to race up the driveway for my big finish!

Oof – my brake works really well. I’m gonna go flying over the handlebars one of these days!



*Did you think I would be having profound thoughts? Not this present moment person!

19 comments:

  1. Maybe tomorrow will be a profound thought day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this... I need to do it while I'm running - but it may have a few bleeps if I did that...

    My favorite - WHEEE!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah - I had to censor myself some- ha!

      The Whee! was going down the hill I had to come back up later :)

      Delete
  3. Who needs profundity? (Is that a word?)

    I could do this on my walk, but I don't think anyone wants to hear me saying, "I need to clean the litterbox", or "what did I just step in?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I think about house stuff too - but I try to shift that stuff aside & be in the moment when I'm on the bike.

      Delete
  4. You can turn random thoughts into poetry in an instant! I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks! It was funny - I was trying to think "poetically" when I started my ride last night but I gave up pretty quickly :)

      Delete
  5. Quite similar to what I think on my walks, maybe a bit less of the "wheee" and more of "I hope I get back before this dark cloud comes my way." On the treadmill, I plug in my iPod, otherwise it would get too boring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep thinking about listening to my audio book while I'm riding, but that would be a BAD idea - I can barely hear the cars that want to pass me as it is!

      Delete
  6. Excellent narration to your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you. What are you up to now -- couple of miles? Good that you're being consistent!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like fun. I think some of us forget how much fun and what a sense of freedom riding a bike can give you. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Twelve

I woke up not feeling well and skipped church (for the second week in a row - oops), but that doesn’t keep me from being deep in the throes ...