Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2026 Project 365 – Week Thirty-nine
You will be much relieved to know that my surgery is OVER & after this post I shall stop talking about it & instead I will talk ince...
-
[Note: I'm posting this early because we're leaving for NC in the morning. I'll still monitor things while I'm gone, bu...
-
It is the middle of April and I’m posting my book reviews. What in the world has gotten into me, being all efficient for a change. Daught...







All in a day's work. Their eyesight must be spectacular.
ReplyDeleteI know! And how they can see something swimming below the surface of the water. Amazing!
DeleteI always get a kick out of them flying in the air - they look like boats!
ReplyDeleteWe love to watch them too.
DeleteI love the pelicans. They make for great entertainment when I'm at work, especially if I'm working along a channel that's heavy in fish. Our white pelicans have arrived for the winter -- they bring a different kind of white Christmas, but it's fun.
ReplyDeleteI'll bet it would be fun to watch a group of them together!
Deletethey almost got wiped out down on the gulf coast due to some poison the government finally banned and made a spectacular recovery.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad they made a comeback - it would be a sad world without pelicans!
DeleteA wonderful bird is the pelican.
ReplyDeleteHis bill can hold more than his belican.
He can hold in his beak
Enough food for a week,
But I’m damned if I see how the helican.
(by Dixon Lanier Merritt, editor of "The Tennessean")