Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2026 Project 365 – Week Thirty-six
I’m laughing at this week’s photos because there are two photos of a wound situation – what an exciting week! Sunday, August 30 th The churc...
-
[Note: I'm posting this early because we're leaving for NC in the morning. I'll still monitor things while I'm gone, bu...
-
At work we all agreed that this was The Longest Week Ever. We weren’t sure why, but we were sure glad for it to be over. On the other hand, ...







All in a day's work. Their eyesight must be spectacular.
ReplyDeleteI know! And how they can see something swimming below the surface of the water. Amazing!
DeleteI always get a kick out of them flying in the air - they look like boats!
ReplyDeleteWe love to watch them too.
DeleteI love the pelicans. They make for great entertainment when I'm at work, especially if I'm working along a channel that's heavy in fish. Our white pelicans have arrived for the winter -- they bring a different kind of white Christmas, but it's fun.
ReplyDeleteI'll bet it would be fun to watch a group of them together!
Deletethey almost got wiped out down on the gulf coast due to some poison the government finally banned and made a spectacular recovery.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad they made a comeback - it would be a sad world without pelicans!
DeleteA wonderful bird is the pelican.
ReplyDeleteHis bill can hold more than his belican.
He can hold in his beak
Enough food for a week,
But I’m damned if I see how the helican.
(by Dixon Lanier Merritt, editor of "The Tennessean")