Monday, January 1, 2018

2017: A random review


  • We moved to NC in March and are so glad that we're here! 
  • In May I had to start using a walker & had my second hip surgery in August, AND IT WAS A MIRACLE!!! You should have seen me running around at my nephew's wedding (IN HEELS) on Saturday, or playing ping pong on Sunday night. So so very thankful.
  • I read 72 books in 2017. I used to post a monthly list of the books that I read, but I since I mainly read series books it was getting a little boring. But I like reading other people's lists, so maybe in 2018 I'll just post stand-alone books.
  • I didn't participate in the Moogly Crochet-Along in 2017, but I am feeling antsy & I think I'm going to make two blankets in 2018. 
  • Friday was my last day at my old job & that morning I tried to log in to do the handful of final tasks I'd allotted for the day & found out that they'd terminated me early. Oops! I still did a conference call, and later in the morning they got it sorted out so that I could log in. Then I clocked out early to go to my nephew's wedding rehearsal. It was such a weird day - very anticlimactic. However, onward!
  • I start my new job tomorrow. Better go pack my lunch!

6 comments:

  1. Good luck on your first day tomorrow!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the walker thing aside, some good stuff came your way...like a brand new hip, brand new job, and brand new living digs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's to a Great 2018 with lots of happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just thinking about you, and hoping the first day went well. I can't wait for a report!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the new job. I hope it's rewarding.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best of luck to all of us in 2018. I'm still awestruck how fast you found the new job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Twelve

I woke up not feeling well and skipped church (for the second week in a row - oops), but that doesn’t keep me from being deep in the throes ...