Sunday, January 15, 2023

2023 Project 365 – Week Two

We didn’t take very many pictures this week. I guess we were just busy doing life. Or some such.    
Sunday, January 8th               
No photo. I went to church and then had lunch with Dad & Sue. Sue made a fabulous roast beef.
 
Monday, January 9th       
The outside of our house transitioned to “winter” from Christmas. The inside remains quite festive – but I’m feeling the nudge in my heart to take the tree down. Soon. Ish.
 

Tuesday, January 10th             
Dr. M says, “In a Mayberryesque plot twist, Pop and I drove Floyd (the Ford) to the barbershop. Pop got shorn…I abstained, courteously.”
 

Meanwhile, I finally took an almost decent photo of that hat I made a few weeks ago.
 

Wednesday, January 11th                     
I was in the kitchen packing my lunch Wednesday morning & saw this sight out of the window. I had to grab my phone and go outside – such lovely colors.
 

I had a dentist appointment (uneventful!) and then saw a smile of a different kind at work.
 

Thursday, January 12th               
No photo.
 
Friday, January 13th            
I took the day off and thought I’d spend some time at Dad & Sue’s working the puzzle. They weren’t there, but I got up to some shenanigans anyway. Ha!
 

Saturday, January 14th       
Went out to dump the recycle bin and saw spring in the making!
 

I cooked again! Our asparagus was so big that I was worried it wouldn’t be edible the usual way we cook it, so I tried something new. This was so good!
 

I have the day off from work tomorrow in observance of Martin Luther King Jr.’s birthday. And recently another black man – a schoolteacher – was killed by police for what seems like no reason at all. Is there hope for the future? Nearly 55 years after Dr. King’s death I just don’t know. Do you?

12 comments:

  1. What are those shoots that you photographed? Daffodils? Jonquils? I know almost nothing about such plants, and I'm really ignorant when they're still just leaves. I love the color of your hat, by the way. That green is pretty darned springlike. I was ready to finally get my tree and etc. down, but I'd be keeping that cardinal up, no matter what. Those birds are festive to the core!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daffodils! And yes, the cardinal is our "winter" flag - we'll leave it up until spring most likely.

      Delete
  2. I was just watching a cooking lesson and the chef said if your asparagus is big, cut it in half lengthwise before you saute it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea! Although roasting them worked really well too.

      Delete
  3. I always have Hope, but never stop working for Change.

    My favourite way to make asparagus is on the grill, but I've yet to turn down fresh asparagus made in any fashion. And aren't roasted tomatoes simply wonderful? Whenever I make a sheet pan dinner, I love tucking tomatoes in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We haven't tried grilling it - maybe we'll give it a go this summer.

      Delete
  4. So typical for black men. Hailed the police for help and they tased him to death. So many good black men murdered by racist police for no other reason that their skin is darker. SMH.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hadn't heard about this latest case of police violence. It just goes on and on.

    Love the photo of the hat -- it shows the texture so well! And that's a terrific sunrise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That hat was a bear to make, but I like it so much I might make some in different colors.

      Delete
  6. I completely understand the sadness when the Christmas tree comes down. We took down our tree on the Feast of the Epiphany, but my brother has been sending me Christmas arrangements with some lovely winter, Thomas Kinkade style, lighted houses with skaters, horse-drawn sleigh, etc., that I set out to replace our Nativity. Also, I have a wrought-iron sleigh, draped in white fairy lights to add to my wintry look...until Valentine's Day. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Dana! I made the comment above. Sorry about any confusion with 'Anonymous.' Cheers! Jeanne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Sixteen

It’s “cold” (53 degrees) and rainy and I am in my sheep pajamas with a warm laptop on my lap. I’m not mad about that. Sunday, April 14 th  ...