Sunday, January 8, 2023

2023 Project 365 – Week One

Well, one week into a brand new year. It feels pretty much like the old year so far. Except for having to put threes on things instead of twos.   
Sunday, January 1st              
It was Grayson’s 2nd birthday so I got to have a cupcake, but first I stopped by Daddy & Sue’s house. Daddy was practicing his solo for an upcoming performance by their singing group. He’s pretty good!
 


Here are the few party pictures I took. Gray doesn’t really eat sweets, so it took him a minute to figure out whether he even wanted to try the cupcake. He finally dove in, but it wasn’t quite as impressive as his first birthday. Ha!



Monday, January 2nd      
I had the day off of work & celebrated by making French toast. It was good! No comments on the lake of syrup. I actually wish I’d had a little more.
 

I started working on the extra step on that new hat I made. It probably took more like four hours instead of the two I predicted. But as you’ll see a little later, it was worth it!
 

Tuesday, January 3rd            
Beef, mac n’ cheese, and peas on toast! It was good!
 

Wednesday, January 4th                     
Finished!
 

Thursday, January 5th               
This made me laugh and laugh.
 


 Friday, January 6th            
Wolf Moon!
 


Saturday, January 7th       
I made another recipe from the cookbook – a cake for a family who’d had a death in the family. Since I’d never made this recipe before, I tried a corner just to make sure it was edible. Pretty good!
 

I took the gnome hat from the office Christmas tree & put it on Heather the Sheep. With that white cape thing, it looks a little bit like a Klan hat – yikes!
 

I was at an outside funeral today in the cold drizzle, and now I’m in my chair in front of the heater wearing a pair of Christmas jammies and I just might not move until bedtime. How has your weekend been? 

13 comments:

  1. It's actually been a good weekend. I got out and about with my camera yesterday, and came across a couple of flocks of robins. They're on the move! I got a photo of the first wildflower of the year, too -- at least, for me -- but it was pouring down rain, and the photos aren't as good as I'd like, so I'll make another run at them later this week.

    Otherwise, I made a pot of veggie beef soup, and went to the grocery store, and washed the car, and discovered that plain old drug store alcohol will take tree sap off a car, lickety-split. Doesn't hurt the finish, either. All of the Christmas stuff is put away, and the closet where I store it is cleaned, and I'm pretty darned proud of myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh -- those peas look awful, but that hat is the coolest thing ever. You're right that the additions to it are great.

      Delete
    2. Veggie beef soup sounds really good right now. Actually, I brought a can of beef barley soup for my lunch!

      Delete
  2. I like that yarn you used for the hat. Beef, peas, mac & cheese on toast - just a bit weird tho the peas make it look awful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, peas aren't very attractive, but so tasty!

      Delete
  3. Minus the red food colouring (and why is that in there anyway?), my mother has a very similar recipe and it's called Lazy Lady's Cake. It's my favourite. But she puts a pineapple buttercream icing on it. I've made it with orange juice and zest, and orange in the buttercream and it's fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was wondering about the food coloring too - you can't see it at ALL and I made a mess with it (as per usual). That icing sounds amazing - and adding orange juice would be good too. It's VERY chocolaty.

      Delete
  4. I like my foods separate but Marc will mush it all together. He says it all goes to the same place. Yes it does but not in the mouth! I will not eat canned peas even separate. I do like the colorway on your hat and I like the long tailed hat too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that colorway too. I'm making another one with a different colorway - we'll see how that one turns out.

      Delete
  5. I so love your long floppy hat!!!! I'd wear it!
    Give me a lake o' syrup any day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too - I might have to make myself one once I finish with the current one I'm working on.

      Delete
  6. The French toast looks like . . . ummmmmmmmmmmmm!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Fifteen

The world seems to be coming apart at the seams, and here I am, writing my little posts… Sunday, April 7 th                               A...