Sunday, April 9, 2023

2023 Project 365 – Week Fourteen

Here we are on Sunday afternoon when any normal person would be taking a nap, but no, I have to work on this post & do we think I’ll be coherent? The odds do not look to be in my favor.
Sunday, April 2nd     
I made these gifts and took the photos on Friday & Saturday, but they weren’t going to their recipients until Easter, so I decided to not post them until now. Even though I’m about 99% sure neither of the recipients would ever see my post. ANYWAY, I made the little Monstera coaster set by request and had some yarn left over so I made her sister a dog toy for her new fur baby. The dog toy has a very crinkly water bottle inside – and is probably bigger than the puppy. I think it’s pretty homely, but I don’t think the dog will care.
 

Monday, April 3rd           
I was rootling around looking for a silver necklace to wear today & found this old locket. Look at these babies! A photo of my parents is on the other side. I’m including a better copy of the wedding photo so you can fully appreciate the rueful look on Dr. M’s face as he is already wondering what the heck he’s gotten into.
 

Meanwhile, Dr. M had a lovely chef’s salad for lunch. Pretty!
 

Tuesday, April 4th                  
I am not at all sure about this outfit. But I’m also not sure that I care at this point in my life. It was comfortable. (Note: I'm standing like that because when I stood like a normal person it looked like I was wearing a long skirt.)
 

Wednesday, April 5th                           
I was wearing a yellow shirt & thought I had just the socks to match!
 

Our Carolina Allspice “Sweet Bubby” bush is blooming! My aunt Emily gave us this bush a few years ago & this is the first year that it’s bloomed. I feel like a proud mom even though I didn’t help plant it or care for it in any way.
 

Thursday, April 6th                  
Our azaleas are also blooming, as well as our Blue Moon Phlox. Things are getting pretty out there!
 

Friday, April 7th                  
I had the day off & did a whole lot of diddly squat. Oof. And the only photo I took was this one of my lunch that I texted to Dr. M. They look pretty pitiful, but the chicken strips were actually really tasty.  
 

Saturday, April 8th         
We went to Dr. M’s dad’s for lunch (bbq – yum!) and then did some chores in the afternoon while we watched our teams lose (hockey and baseball). One bright note is the volunteer impatiens in one of our indoor pots is blooming again. Makes us smile.
 

You know, I’m almost finished with this post and it’s not even 3:00. That’s not too late for a nap is it? Or would I rather read? My current mystery involves someone being beheaded in a locked and secure room. Fun! Are you reading anything interesting?
 

10 comments:

  1. I had a locket, too, for my wedding. I wonder where I put it? Funny how those things seemed so important then, and now...

    Reading: nothing at present. I just finished The Marriage Portrait by Maggie O'Farrell. What an incredible writer she is. I'm not sure if I have another book ready or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found another necklace that was sentimentally valuable to me that I had totally forgotten about. I need to pull it out into the light of day where I'll remember to wear it!

      Delete
  2. I had a beautiful cameo locket that my aunt gave me and lost it after I divorced my first husband. actually, I think he stole it. spring has made it's way to you and those allspice flowers are pretty. good job mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen anything like that allspice. Pretty! Dr. M's chef salad looks yummy. I think I'll skip whatever book you're reading! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very interesting - involving holograms & such.

      Delete
  4. I'm reading a fictionalized life of George Washington. It holds my interest but at over 500 pages I'm not sure it's worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not getting emails from you any more, so I'm constantly missing new posts. Any wisdom? I'll try and discipline myself to come looking. I have a locket with photos of my mom and dad when they got engaged. I never wear it, and I really should. I ought to see if I can find a fringe relative who might like it, too. I hate the thought of so many things just disappearing, since I don't have kids, grandkids, and so on. Even my last aunt is on her last legs -- not to mention her last bit of mental sharpness. So it goes -- and she is 96!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what to say about the emails - you're still on my list of folks who are supposed to get one. I've put you on my personal email list - the one I send to my family, etc. I copy & paste the post for them so they don't have to click a link, but at least it will put it on your radar.

      We're kind of in the same boat with family heirlooms, etc. No children, no one else in the family super interested. Makes me a little sad. Not sad enough to wish I'd had children though. Ha!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Seventeen

I’m enjoying the calm before the storm – open enrollment kicks off a week from Monday and it will be crazypants until the end of June. And i...