Sunday, April 30, 2023

2023 Project 365 – Week Seventeen

I know that May is tomorrow, and I know that April is EARLY spring, but what I don’t know is what the heck to wear these days. Especially because whatever the outside temp, at some point in the day my office will feel like the arctic. NO I AM NOT BEING DRAMATIC. OK, yes, a bit dramatic.
Sunday, April 23rd  
I wanted a project to keep me from chewing my fingernails off during the hockey game and a friend sent me this idea! So cute. I’ve been enjoying watching it swing back & forth while I drive.
 

Coming back inside from hanging my “planter” on my rear view mirror, Dr. M & I saw this hummingbird moth. Their wings go so fast that they look pretty much transparent in this photo.
 

Monday, April 24th            
The Dr. Van Fleet rose at Dr. M’s dad’s house is lovely as usual.
 

Tuesday, April 25th                  
These photos are actually on different days, but I thought it would be fun to see the evolution of my feet during the week. The first photo is “WHAT WERE YOU THINKING WOMAN” accompanied by a space heater. The second one was ok, but these are my winter feet. Is this not spring? The third photo is a dorky, but comfortable, compromise.
 

Wednesday, April 26th                           
While walking at the mall with my bestie, I had to stop and take a photo of the penguin art.
 

Thursday, April 27th                  
Dr. M made vegan chili and it was SO GOOD! Of course, by the time I added sour cream, shredded cheese, and tortilla strips, it was no longer vegan.
 

Friday, April 28th                  
Sue’s birthday was Thursday, but since she was celebrating with her REAL daughter, I spent time with her & Dad on Friday. We went to the American Legion fish fry (delicious!) and then came home to have a slice of the birthday cake her daughter gave her. It was extra delicious.
 

After I got home, Dr. M and I watched hockey and the CAROLINA HURRICANES WON THE FIRST ROUND OF THEIR POSTSEASON! There might have been some crazy dancing in our house (I have a memory of Dr. M twerking) - we were amazed and delighted. 

Saturday, April 29th          
Dr. M’s welcoming committee when he came home. I took some treats out there, but they had to have a good scritch session before thinking about treats. Roy’s such a good boy.
 

Remember how I said that last week was going to be crazy at work? Well, the crazy got deferred to this week. In fact, I’ve woken up in the middle of the night the past two nights worrying about it. I really (really!) hope things get resolved this week & I can tell you all about it next week. (Don’t worry – this is just annual open enrollment stuff – not life or death or “losing my job” worries.) What’s on your plate for this week?

11 comments:

  1. How great is a week with cake? It's been sorely lacking here at the Dept., even though we've had a birthday. It's so hard to get everyone together anymore.

    I really prefer vegetarian chili, but Rick does not. Still, we eat meatless a few times a week and he doesn't complain, so no big deal.

    The weather here...UGH. Cold, damp, grey, awful. How shall I ever endure it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was in the 40s when I left for work this morning. I do not approve.

      Delete
  2. Why don't you have a video of Dr. M twerking?! I am always happy with a Roy picture, and I am a HUGE fan of sandals with socks. I don't care if it's unfashionable -- it's comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I REALLY wish I'd gotten that on video. If we win the next series I'll be sure to be ready. Ha!

      Delete
  3. socks with sandals. works for me. saw a picture of another temperature blanket, knitted I think, with mitered squares showing the high and low of each day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen versions of those & thought they'd be really cool. I like the one square per day ones and also the one square per month.

      Delete
  4. I understand the problems around getting dressed these recent days. Here also - chilly mornings, hot afternoons. Rest of your week looks as though it was nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was nice - and then this morning it was in the 40s. What the heck.

      Delete
  5. Lopping and removing huge weeds in our backyard. Three days so far. And, uh . . . jeeze, I guess that's about it. Bo-ring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The thing is, you can add clothes to deal with cold. They're muttering about heat indices in the hundreds this weekend, and I'm thinking... there's only so much I can take off, and taking it off would mean sunburn anyway, so... Still, we have made it to May with gorgeous weather and lovely temperatures (50s night, 75 days) so there's that. I love your little swinging planter. That's really, really cute.

    You may notice that it's 3:30 a.m. while I'm posting this. I woke up thinking about work deadlines, and here I am. Maybe if I get caught up here, I can go back to sleep for a couple of hours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right about being able to add clothes - it's just that I'm bored with all my long sleeved stuff. Ha!

      I've been having some sleepless nights lately because of my big work project. I keep freaking out as if it's all 100% on my shoulders and IT IS NOT.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Sixteen

It’s “cold” (53 degrees) and rainy and I am in my sheep pajamas with a warm laptop on my lap. I’m not mad about that. Sunday, April 14 th  ...