Sunday, April 23, 2023

2023 Project 365 – Week Sixteen

April is almost over (what?) and then it will be my favorite month. Hopefully May will live up to its advance billing. We shall see!
Sunday, April 16th
Went to church, had lunch with the fam, and then came home & tried to wrangle my hair. I look like a samurai. Well, maybe not exactly.
 

Monday, April 17th            
From Dr. M on National Haiku Day:
 
Spring breezes whisper,
Gently chill, bring blue-sky bliss,
Assuaging the soul.
 

Tuesday, April 18th                  
I got an extra egg in my breakfast sandwich today! Which meant that it didn’t actually get warm in the usual amount of time in the microwave. Did I go back & nuke it a toot more? I did not. So we can all be jointly disgusted by me eating lukewarm egg & turkey sausage.
 

Wednesday, April 19th                           
You know it’s time to step away from the Cheetos when you start having to fish them out of your bra (WHICH AT MY AGE IS NOT AS SEXY AS IT SOUNDS). (These are the Mexican Street Corn version - yum!)
 

Afternoon visitation from The Roy.
 

Thursday, April 20th                  
I had my second shingles vaccine Wednesday on my way home from work and woke up feeling terrible. Went to work, but only stayed a few hours and came home & baked on the deck. Where I noticed life finding a way in our bee waterer (specifically maple trees, so I don’t think that’s going to work out for them). Oh – and about 1:00 a.m. I finally took my temperature (100.6) & took some Tylenol and I was fine. I don’t know why someone who is a hypochondriac doesn’t pay better attention to fever symptoms (in my defense, my forehead felt cool all day).
 

Friday, April 21st                   
Stopped by dad & Sue’s on my way home from work and noticed how gorgeous their orchids are. I kept asking them, “are you sure they’re real?” Ha!
 

Saturday, April 22nd – Earth Day         
Ms. Rita has been so happy to be out of the bathtub! She’s just going to town.
 


I feel like this coming week will be really crazy at work. If so, you will hear all about it next week. How’s your week looking where you are?

11 comments:

  1. The next week is looking not so good. I had a work deadline of Friday, which I missed. I thought I could finish up Monday and Tuesday, but... enter the 50% chance of rain on Tuesday. I'd better get at it tomorrow!

    Interesting about your reaction to your shingles shot. I got the old, one dose version years ago, and had no reaction at all. I need to get with it, and update if my insurance will cover it. When I explored the possibility before changing carriers, it was going to cost around $350. At that price, I was willing to take my chances, but the older I get, shingles sounds distinctly undesirable.

    I haven't had a Cheeto in years. After looking at the nutritional information, I guess it will be a while before I indulge. They're not terrible, but if a serving is 21 Cheetos (160 calories) I'd best leave them alone. Who could eat only 21 Cheetos?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just called my pharmacy, and insurance does cover the shingles vaccine. No reason not to do it now -- although I think I'll wait until I meet my work deadlines, just in case.

      Delete
    2. Yay! I'm glad it's covered. And I hope you're able to finish your work today!

      Delete
  2. Your orchids are looking great! And I always love seeing the Roy. I have never had the pleasure of sampling Mexican street corn Cheetos! Maybe on my next trip to the states!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought they tasted very like actual street corn (although not quite as good).

      Delete
  3. I woke up to wet snow this morning. Ugh.
    I had the same reaction to my second shingles vaxx. Really felt horrid, but I'd rather have one day of yuck than shingles.
    Eggs and Cheetos, but no cake. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well UGH to the snow! I'm pretty sad about the no cake too.

      Delete
  4. I can't believe you ate that breakfast sandwich, lukewarm or not. it's too normal. where's the crazy shit? I know two people who have had shingles this month. makes me want to go get the vaccine until you said the second shot made you feel bad. that's my big resistance to getting shots. wondering if it will make me feel bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think if I'd taken Tylenol earlier in the day I would have felt MUCH better.

      Delete
  5. Warming up here. Supposed to be approaching 90 this weekend. But it's a dry heat. :) And I don't think you look like a Samurai in that photo. I don't think they wore glasses.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Seventeen

I’m enjoying the calm before the storm – open enrollment kicks off a week from Monday and it will be crazypants until the end of June. And i...