Sunday, May 7, 2023

2023 Project 365 – Week Eighteen

I am happy to report that work WAS crazy last week, and will be crazy for the next two weeks, and then things should calm down. But first I have to go to meetings at 7:00 a.m. two days in a row and I could use some thoughts and prayers in that regard.
Sunday, April 30th
I was trying to get a video of this wind chime going crazy (Sunday was just a bit breezy). I wasn’t very successful, but the sky looks nice.
 

Monday, May 1st             
I saw a meme about “things from the 70s” & had to post this photo of 15 year old me with several of those ancient items featured: paneling, rotary phone, photo taken with a Polaroid camera, grown out Dorothy Hamill haircut. Good times!
 

Meanwhile, Dr. M was doing a photo shoot with our drift rose, Peaches.
 

Tuesday, May 2nd                  
I have a little white board on my desk where I jot notes to myself. This particular one has been on there for a couple of weeks & I am at a total loss. There were some great ideas from friends on FB (my favorite was related to ovulation, which has not been an issue for me for about 10 years).  
 

Wednesday, May 3rd                            
Today’s only photo - I sent Dr. M this picture of my ridiculous egg sandwich – I did try to fold it so it would fit on the bread, but it was out of control.
 

Thursday, May 4th                  
Another food photo – I had an open faced ham & lima bean sandwich. It was good!
 

Friday, May 5th                  
Dr. M & I spent some quality time on the deck after I got home from work.
 

Saturday, May 6th          
Dr. M’s dad’s Dr. Van Fleet rose continues to be lovely!
 

These tulips Dr. M brought home for me have their arms wide open, all exuberance. They’re saying YES when I so often want to say no. I think I’ll try to listen to them this week.
 

Well, we just finished watching a 12 inning baseball game (Braves win!), and we’re getting ready to watch the Hurricanes play their 3rd game in the 2nd round of the playoffs (they won the first two games). Frankly, we’re a nervous wreck. How are you doing?

6 comments:

  1. That paneling! I'd forgotten about it. Our basement had it in the 60s, along with a black and pink asphalt tile floor and a turquoise free standing bar. I think my dad was letting his version of a freak flag fly. As for baseball: our poor Astros have nearly as many injuries as players. Sigh. Last year we had so many pitchers some of them rarely got to play. Now? Not so much.

    Every time I think you can't surprise me again with your food choices, you do it. Ham and limas are fine, but a sandwich? I'm not sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Braves have had some injuries too - but fortunately (so far) we've been able to replace them with other pretty competent players.

      Delete
  2. We had paneling in the living room AND the kitchen. And avocado green carpeting in the living room. How did I escape?

    I love the huge lima beans, but not in a sandwich and not cold. Who gets all the credit for your odd food proclivities?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found a photo of the rest of that kitchen taken around the same time & hoo boy - it is a TREAT.

      Those limas were NOT cold! I toasted the bread & heated up the limas. Only the ham was cold because I was too trifling to heat it up. My dad gets all the credit. Just the other day he was talking about some food combo that made even me go "ewww!"

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Twelve

I woke up not feeling well and skipped church (for the second week in a row - oops), but that doesn’t keep me from being deep in the throes ...