Wednesday, May 24, 2023

He Was a Good Boi

Roy left us last Friday. He'd been sick with a brain tumor for a few months, and had a seizure Friday night that he couldn't recover from. Dr. M & I knew we hadn't seen him in a few days, but were afraid to ask his person if he was gone (I had a secret fantasy that he was at a doggy spa). I finally got the courage to ask last night & she let me know. We're so sad - he was a most excellent neighbor. Always so happy and excited to see us. He lived a long life (almost 16 years) and his last years with his person were definitely full of love. We're all going to miss him. 











6 comments:

  1. I'm going to miss Roy, too. It always was fun to see him pop up in your posts -- he clearly loved you two, and sometimes it seemed as though he was grinning while he was being scratched. I'm sorry he's gone, but I'm glad you found out, and glad you let us know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's me up there (shoreacres/Linda). Sometimes, even when I select "google account" to comment, it turns me anonymous.

      Delete
  2. Awww, I'm so sorry to hear it. I always enjoyed seeing Roy on your blog. He was sort of your pet too! My condolences. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw your title and thought, oh no, not Roy. sad news.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sad to hear this. Roy was a great neighbor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In that third picture where he has his ears up I can imagine how cute he must have been as a pup. It's always sad to lose a pet even if he was just a rent-a-dog.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Fifteen

The world seems to be coming apart at the seams, and here I am, writing my little posts… Sunday, April 7 th                               A...