Sunday, July 16, 2023

2023 Project 365 – Week Twenty-eight

Reader, they had to order a part.
Sunday, July 9th     
Family. Also, Grayson was enamored of the "giant ball" – he spent a lot of time rolling it around. Ha!
 

I got Dr. M this GINORMOUS muffaletta sandwich from Jason’s Deli. Stay tuned for the creative ways he consumed it this week.


Monday, July 10th             
More squares. I think the acorns look like kidney beans with hats.
 

Dr. M had a muffaletta snack.          
 

Tuesday, July 11th                   
Morning glorious!
 

We finished the second puzzle I gave Dad for father’s day. It was supposed to be a lighthouse, but as you can see, they sent the wrong puzzle. This one was pretty challenging.

 

Wednesday, July 12th                              
Another muffaletta snack.
 

Thoughts while mowing:
1. I miss the Roy (he hated the mower).
2. Hurry up little toad & get out of my way!
3. Whee! (I like to drive fast)
4. I am FILTHY.
 

Thursday, July 13th                      
I really do have the weirdest dreams. Also, I’ve joined Threads, the Twitter alternative from Meta. Like I needed another social media situation.
 

Friday, July 14th                        
I sit like this while I’m working and then wonder why my nose is red all the time.
 

Saturday, July 15th            
I went to Dad & Sue’s to do some laundry (they were at Sue’s Christmas in July family gathering). I had a grand old time hanging out, and then came home to the inferno. It got up to 88 degrees before it started going back down again. It’s pretty rough between around 4:00 and 9:00.
 

The part for the air conditioner is supposed to arrive tomorrow morning & they’ll come to fix it in the afternoon. I REALLY hope that it happens as planned. Especially for Dr. M, who hasn’t been sleeping well and who doesn’t have an air conditioned office to escape to. (Please note that we’ve had multiple offers to go stay with family, but we are stubborn and pig headed.)

10 comments:

  1. I can't even imagine why you wouldn't escape to air-conditioned family digs! I can get along fine with my thermostat set at 79, but above that is danged uncomfortable. My first thought was that an appeal to St. Jude, the patron saint of hopeless causes, might be in order, but that seemed unnecessarily pessimistic. So, I looked online to see who might be the patron saint of HVAC, and turned up St. Dimitar: "Tradition states, the day of St. Dimitar feast is said to be the day when the weather breaks and winter begins. According to traditional belief on this day the skies open up, after which we can expect the first snow. Dimitar is the patron saint of winter, cold and snow." I'm guessing you don't want winter or snow, but a little cold would be nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We actually were wishing for snow on Saturday night. Ha!

      Delete
  2. We have a new (used) gas stove in the garage waiting to be installed perhaps tomorrow evening to replace the electric one on which the oven went nuts recently. Judy thinks it only needs a new thermostat because it just goes to broil whenever we try to bake in it. But when she discovered she could get a gas stove she leaped at the chance. So we wait for a handyman and see what he can do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did, even as the monsoon landed with a passion for 3 hours this afternoon. He got wet a few times but got the job done.

      Delete
    2. I'm glad everything went well!

      Delete
  3. I joined Threads too but mostly I'm on Post. I only check Twitter about once a week and only for a few minutes. cute little baby but what's with the hair?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His hair just sticks up like that - it's hilarious. So. Much. Hair!

      Delete
  4. I'm amazed you've both survived this long with no a/c! (Never mind that our ancestors did fine without it for their entire lives! LOL)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I was amazed too. It did remind me a lot of when I was a kid - we didn't have any AC at all. We had a big fan that was reversible - during the day it blew in, and at night it blew out & created a draft if we opened the rest of the windows.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Eighteen

Dr. M and I have been busy busy, so this selection of photos is…interesting. Sunday, April 28 th                                   Dr. M &...