Sunday, July 30, 2023

2023 Project 365 – Week Thirty

The photos for five of seven days this week are food related and I regret nothing.
Sunday, July 23rd     
Twins? (Cartoon from here)
 

Monday, July 24th             
Bumblebutt!   
 


Tuesday, July 25th                   
 I guess that settles that. But I’m still going to call them stobbers.
 

Wednesday, July 26th                              
Another Dr. M salad. It looks so good I think I’ll have the same thing for dinner tonight!
 

Thursday, July 27th                      
I was driving to work & saw this little dog running around. I’d seen a post from a friend that her papillon mix was missing & this pup sort of matched the photo – but it turns out her dog had come home. So hopefully this guy was just taking a stroll and not lost.
 

Friday, July 28th                        
We were in a training all week for our new software system & by Friday we were just in a total stupor. So when my coworker offered to pick up some lunch for me I was very grateful!
 

Saturday, July 29th              
My Pennsylvania cousin was driving through & visited with my dad for a few minutes. She left a bag of goodies for Dr. M and me and I have thoroughly enjoyed the apple butter. Yum!
 


I went to see the Barbie movie yesterday and I have some thoughts which I may or may not share at some point. It was a lot of fun, and I also felt like I was being bashed over the head by the points it was trying to make. It was not particularly subtle. Ha! But it was a fun diversion with my cousin and her daughters. It was good to take a break from my hermit ways. Did you do anything out of the ordinary this week?
 


10 comments:

  1. The thing I did that was the most out of the ordinary was to spend a lot of time staring at your first two photos of the twins. That is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I figured out 'stobber.' It's a portmanteau of 'stab' and 'slobber,' which we all do when we know some good corn on the cob is on the menu. Love the bee-butt, and that top breakfast photo doesn't look too bad. I've not been a huge fan of avocado, but I've discovered I like cubed up avocado, pineapple, and banana, or avocado and melon.

    The most extraordinary thing I did this week was surviving another week of working in this heat. Apparently there will be at least two more weeks of it, with heat indices around 110 or so -- but at least they're forecasting a bit of a breeze. Last week there was almost none! That's high pressure for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may be right about the origin of stobber! And I really feel for you guys in your insane heat. We've been in the 90s, which has seemed really hot, but man.

      Delete
  3. Stobber= stab+cob I like it!

    Love the twins.

    I made both pickles and pesto last week while I was providing in-home care for my mother. It was a busy week. I'm glad it's over. Today I'm on my own schedule and appreciating it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you like your routines (like I do) - glad you were able to pitch in & glad you're back to your usual!

      Delete
  4. Love the egg "frog"! And apple butter...yum. I haven't seen Barbie yet but I expect it's only a matter of time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mostly enjoyed Barbie - I got a little bored with Ryan Gosling & Will Farrell (I know - what is WRONG with me?).

      Delete
  5. the salad was looking ok until I realized it had ick lima beans in it. I have done nothing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's dried edamame - from a bag of trail mix. Ha!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Eighteen

Dr. M and I have been busy busy, so this selection of photos is…interesting. Sunday, April 28 th                                   Dr. M &...