Sunday, September 3, 2023

2023 Project 365 – Week Thirty-five

Not pictured: another avocado toast lunch.

Sunday, August 27th      
Ta da! I like how the back looks too – and it would be WAY easier to make a blanket of just squares. Ha!





Monday, August 28th                 
No photo.
 
Tuesday, August 29th                     
No photo.
 
Wednesday, August 30th                              
Not a fabulous photo, but I finally caught our spider in action.
 

Had a training at work today & worked on my new project. This will be a cardigan.
 

Thursday, August 31st                         
Walked into the kitchen & saw this. Dr. M staked a claim on this avocado for NC! The rest of the day was just weird – our internet was down at work for about 4 hours, so I took my avocado to my dad’s house & ate lunch with them.
 

Friday, September 1st (HOW IS IT ALREADY SEPTEMBER?)                       
People. My father showed this gloopy stuff to me & said that they’d had some leftover French fries and bacon from going out to eat the other day & he pureed them so he could have potato soup. He added some chili and ketchup & declared it good. And you know what? I probably would have liked it too. I said that the apple didn’t fall far from the tree, but Sue said that it was really that the nut didn’t fall far… She ain’t wrong.
 

Saturday, September 2nd                
I was crocheting so fast during this very tense moment in the Braves game that I’m surprised the yarn didn’t burn my hands. (Note: we won. Also note: the Braves are the best team in baseball right now. This has definitely been a highlight during an otherwise not fabulous summer.) 
 


Well, my disbelief notwithstanding, it is now September. Days are getting shorter, and temps are...
 

You know what? Never mind. Anyway, how was your week?

12 comments:

  1. Honestly -- you people eat some of the strangest things. I thought it was just you, but clearly you come by your--unusual--tastes honestly. I must say that as cute as your little additions are, that side with the plain squares is awfully pretty, too. I like the acorns, leaves, and squirrel best, I think. Maybe that's just my longing for autumn coming through!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked the plain squares too - it's just a pleasing array of colors.

      Delete
  2. My goodness. So lovely. My mother loved to crochet. She spent evenings in winter with a fine thread and a complicated pattern. She made doilies, and such. She gave me a huge table cloth that she started when she pregnant with m e.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't enjoy fine work like that, even though it's beautiful. I think it takes more patience (and fine motor skills) than I have.

      Delete
  3. I think I'd pass on the "soup."

    The blanket is wonderful. Will the recipient understand the label under the fox? It's sentimental to you, I know.

    Our weather here in NEO is the same for the week. UGH!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The baby's father will understand the label - it's the grandma name that he used for my mother (Nean). Hopefully he'll tell Elliott all about his crazy grandmother!

      Delete
  4. Sorry - the 'potato soup' sounds just too weird. Next time tell him to use the leftovers in a pasty. I've got a really good recipe for such. I LOVE your afghan. It is cute and beautiful all in one. I'll trade weather - our temps are still predicted to be in the 100's. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo - I LOVE pasties! In fact I was just talking to someone this morning about how I was craving one.

      Delete
  5. probably needed the ketchup and chili to make it palatable. the baby blanket is adorable. we got some rain! about 10 minutes worth.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work on the quilt. I don't know about the food, though.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Eighteen

Dr. M and I have been busy busy, so this selection of photos is…interesting. Sunday, April 28 th                                   Dr. M &...