Saturday, October 21, 2023

2023 Project 365 – Week Forty-two

This is what I wrote last week: This week has been full of horror, clown politics, incomplete medical procedures, and the loveliness of fall. I’m trying (and failing) to hold it all. Except for the medical procedure part, still true.
Sunday, October 15th         
On my way from church to Dad & Sue’s for lunch where I ate a dill pickle with a potato chip on top (and a sub).
 

Monday, October 16th                
No photo. Mondays - whatcha gonna do?
 
Tuesday, October 17th                       
Yes, we still have daylilies.
 

We had our employee appreciation event this week (food trucks!) & I took full advantage. I was helping out at the HR table today, but that didn’t keep me from eating a Carolina Dog (with sauerkraut instead of slaw) and some sort of giant cookie monster concoction. It was a little chilly, but gorgeous! We were at our local minor league ballpark.
 

Wednesday, October 18th                              
Got some new stickers for my water bottle today. I think I have space for one more little one.
 

Thursday, October 19th                           
Food truck day two – I got plantain sandwiches with steak. So good! I took Dr. M my leftovers & he made a whole new creation.
 

Friday, October 20th                         
Dr. M took his dad to get bloodwork for his physical.
 

Saturday, October 21st                    
It’s fall in Lincoln County North Carolina. Lovely!
 

I finished my shawl, and this is what I had to say on the socials: This morning I ate eggy toast (over easy on laughing cow smeared toast). I played my NY Times games. I read blogs & caught up on my email. And then I blocked this gorgeous thing. And underneath all these homely tasks was a drumbeat of despair. People are starving. People are homeless. People are dying. It’s not ok. They’re not ok. I’m not ok.

 




I was super productive at work this week because we’re having more training on the new system next week. Three days of not being able to get very much “real” work done. Humph. But you know what? I have a job, and I enjoy it and my coworkers, so I should just zip it with the complaining. How do you like your “coworkers” (or daily catpanions if you’re not working)?

11 comments:

  1. That shawl is gorgeous!!! Barb from TX

    ReplyDelete
  2. My cat-panion is a pain. She comes around meowing at 4 a.m. demanding to be fed. I toss her off the bed and say "No" in as commanding a voice as I can. She comes back after awhile and gets a repeat performance from me. She KNOWS her breakfast time is much closer to 5!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful shawl and how do you make a sandwich with plantains?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The plantain slabs substituted for the bread (it had shifted around, so in the picture you're seeing the bottom slice of the sandwich peeking out). I did NOT try to eat it with my hands!

      Delete
  4. That shawl is gorgeous, but I have to ask: what are those colored jigsaw-like pieces under it? It that some sort of something that makes blocking easier? I wondered if they might be made of a material that holds the yarn in place.
    I've never thought of substituting plantain for bread, although plantain chips are great. The packaged ones in this country are great, but when we made them fresh in Liberia, they were the best. Maybe it was the palm oil that made the difference -- plus being hot when we ate them with our guacamole.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo - those chips sound amazing! I'll bet they were good.

      The blocks are made of a foam like material (it's the same thing that is used for children's play mats in kindergarten, etc.). I can stick the pins in & it doesn't go through to the table. That's what holds the yarn in place.

      Delete
  5. Lovely shawl--it's a triumph!

    Of all the foods, I'd go for The Professor's creation. It looks terrific. Ohio is at peak colour right now and you're missing it! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes - I was pretty jealous of his dinner. And yes, I particularly miss Ohio in the fall. Sigh.

      Delete
  6. Your shawl is amazing! Good job! I also love that VOTE sticker.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Eighteen

Dr. M and I have been busy busy, so this selection of photos is…interesting. Sunday, April 28 th                                   Dr. M &...