Sunday, October 29, 2023

2023 Project 365 – Week Forty-three

Last Sunday and yesterday (Saturday) were big days in the Bug household. I’m going to try to not share ALL the photos, but there are a few more than usual on those days. To make up for it there are two days without pictures. Woo hoo!
Sunday, October 22nd         
Dr. M & I took a little road trip up into the mountains and it was glorious!
 


I had tomato basil pie and pecan pie. It was a banner day.
 

Also, I wanted Dr. M to take some photos of my new shawl.
 

Monday, October 23rd                 
It’s pretty ugly around here – you can see why we needed to escape to the mountains.
 

Tuesday, October 24th                       
No photo.
 
Wednesday, October 25th                              
My cousin found a pillow pattern with an interesting construction. I wanted to try it in miniature first. It’s interesting – I might do the crochet part and have her do the sewing. Ha!
 

Thursday, October 26th                           
No photo.
 
 Friday, October 27th                         
One of us might have gotten carried away with the oatmeal toppings. Can you guess which is whose?
 

Saturday, October 28th                     
Trunk or Treat at church! I went as a tacky tourist – mostly so I could wear shorts (it was 84 degrees!) and no makeup.
 

We had a lot of cute customers. And one of our chaplains dressed as the Holy Ghost which was hilarious (and very appropriate). Not pictured: a pirate themed trunk where the kids had to walk the plank to get their candy, an Operation game where kids used tweezers and tongs to get their candy, and a fishing set up where the candy was on the ends of fishing poles. It was a fun day!
 

There’s a moon (and Jupiter!) in the sky! It’s been a while since Dr. M had the energy or the sky was clear enough to get a good moon shot. Last night was perfect.
 


This was another heavy week. I feel helpless, guilty, and afraid of what all this taking sides will do in our election (and then guilty again because why do I worry about that when children are dying). And then I feel confused because there are wars and dying children all over the world so why does this one get to us so much? Oof. So in true Enneagram 9 fashion I’m going to shift my focus to what I’m going to wear on Halloween for our office contest. How are you handling all the heaviness in the world?

9 comments:

  1. So that was Jupiter up there with the moon. I saw it, and knew it wasn't Venus, but wasn't sure which planet it was. I was going to look it up, and forgot. Now I know! Your shawl is gorgeous. It looks much nicer on than spread out on a table or whatnot. As for 'trunk or treat,' I've never heard of that approach, but I like it. It reminds me of the 'boot sales' I've read about in England, where people line up with their stuff in their car trunks -- a version of a garage sale.

    And, yes: of course I know whose oatmeal is whose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What's funny is in my original post I had put that it was Saturn - I have no idea where I got that. Fortunately I changed it before anyone read it.

      I should have included some pictures of the trunks - they were very clever!

      Delete
  2. Lovely blue skies. I'm enjoying yours since ours are grey and rainy again now. Sigh.
    Are you sure there was oatmeal under all that falderal? It looked suspiciously like my birdseed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Yes, there was a smidge of oatmeal under there.

      Delete
  3. oh, we humans, we love to maim and kill. war is contagious I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, these are desperate times. It's hard not to be discouraged. I love that girl's braids in your church costume photos -- and "Holey Ghost" is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Eighteen

Dr. M and I have been busy busy, so this selection of photos is…interesting. Sunday, April 28 th                                   Dr. M &...