Sunday, October 8, 2023

2023 Project 365 – Week Forty

If last week was a short story, this week is a novel. Lots of photos, lots of things to talk about. Get a cup of coffee (eww!) and settle in.
Sunday, October 1st         
Except for a brief outing to the grocery store, I was the hermit that I told you I was. It was a lovely day, including one of the last Braves games of the regular season.
 

Monday, October 2nd                 
As you’ll see later in the week, our neighborhood is getting into the holiday spirit. Here is our décor.
 

Tuesday, October 3rd                      
Dr. M said: “My wife had these two items on her grocery list, along with a few things I needed. I would say that her meal plans don’t call for both items on the same plate, but…”
 

I added some plants to my office! I’m annoyed it took so long for me to get around to this. They make me smile.
 

Later that evening I was trying to show Sue the timer feature on my camera. These pictures are hilarious.
 

Wednesday, October 4th                              
I was pouting because I don’t have a glasses topper to match this outfit.


Dr. M’s dinner from Wednesday looks so good – I wish I could have the same thing to eat tonight!
 
 
Thursday, October 5th                           
The neighborhood is getting into the spirit of things. That one with the ghosts doing ring-around-the-rosie looks terrifying to me. I don’t know why, but I’m steering clear of that yard!
 

Lunch! I didn’t have any Cheetos so I added Pizzeria Combos to my egg salad sandwich. It was delicious!

 

I’m still working on my cardigan, but it’s coming along. I’m afraid I’ll have to order more yarn, which is making it one of my less successful stash busters. 

 

Friday, October 6th                         
Remnants…
 

Saturday, October 7th                   
Dr. M bringing the soybean fields to me… Makes me miss Ohio – but on the other hand these fields are within a few miles of my home here in NC, so what am I complaining about?
 

I spent this (Sunday) afternoon hanging out with a couple of special little boys (and their parents, etc.). Here’s a teaser for you.
 

Such a lovely surprise! Have you had any fun surprises lately?

8 comments:

  1. Last night's Diamondbacks-Dodgers game was a nice surprise for me. 11-2 DBacks and Dodgers' ace Kershaw giving up 6 runs with only one out before leaving the game in the first inning! Go DBacks! Beat L-A!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I woke up to that news & thought to myself that you were probably VERY happy about it!

      Delete
  2. I'm glad your team did well for you. I should have stopped there first, but we'll just consider this my congratulatory note. Our Astros won the first game of their series, but tonight's not going so well. We'll see what happens. Are the Astros and the Braves in different leagues? Is there a chance they could meet in the world series? That would be awkward!

    I've never seen a cardigan done with those blocks. I really like the colors! I actually pulled a sweatshirt cardigan out of the closet today. We've finally had a front, and tomorrow morning it may be into the upper 50s, and certainly the low 60s. Huzzah!

    This is also the week I'm going to try and get back on the wagon, eating-wise. I've slipped into poor habits, so I bought some good lettuce and such. We'll see how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Braves lost their first game; the second one is tonight. We're all just a bundle of nerves around here. And YES, the Braves could potentially face the Astros in the World Series! We usually pull for Dusty Baker, but if that happens we'll have to just let him fend for himself. Ha!

      This morning I was wishing I had finished that cardigan already. Brrr!

      And as I was trying to fall asleep with my "dessert" biscuit & honey heavy in my belly I thought that I'd better get control of myself because I was miserable!

      Delete
  3. It's interesting that people are already doing Halloween there. Last year I put out my bat decoration at the beginning of October and got scolded (not really) for doing it WAY too early. So this year I'm waiting until mid-month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I'm glad they're not putting Christmas decorations up yet. That will be on November 1st. Ha!

      Delete
  4. if I want to kill my appetite all I have to do is look at what you're eating! the plants are a nice touch to your office.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For the record, I did NOT put jelly on my refried beans. Ha!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Eighteen

Dr. M and I have been busy busy, so this selection of photos is…interesting. Sunday, April 28 th                                   Dr. M &...