Sunday, October 15, 2023

2023 Project 365 – Week Forty-one

Another week, another bunch of photos. Sorry!
Sunday, October 8th         
Random photos of the Squishmallow and his adorable brother. I got to hold him for quite a while (insert heart eyes emoji here).
 

I told Dr. M to go check the daylilies because they were drunk (as I recall we had a second blooming last year too).
 

Monday, October 9th                
Ready for the Braves game! They won in dramatic fashion, but they ended up losing later in the week. It was SUCH a good season & I’m really sad they didn’t go further into the postseason. Ah well – next year!
 

Tuesday, October 10th                       
Dr. M’s “last brunch” before his colonoscopy.
 


Wednesday, October 11th                              
Dr. M & his dad were accidental twins!
 

Thursday, October 12th                           
Isn’t he adorable? His colonoscopy had mixed results – they found 8 (probably benign) polyps, but there was a section that they couldn’t see because it was filmy. They think it might be due to one of the things they had him take during the prep. This means he’ll have to go back within the year so they can check that section.
 

Me, tonight, watching a show about UFOS: "What a load of poppycock!"
 
Me, this morning at 1:30 a.m. after being awakened by voices in the bedroom & discovering that the audiobook on my phone just "happened" to be playing: "Are there ghosts in this house, and do they know my iPhone password?"
 
But seriously - what in the world??!!
 

Friday, October 13th                         
Ms. Rita got a new pot (and had a couple of “tenants” evicted in the process). Plus, bonus Pinky content.
 

Saturday, October 14th                   
Dr. M posted this lovely photo on the socials & one of our friends called it Christina’s World – it really is!
 

Meanwhile, lookit Ellen – I did (a tiny little smidge of) yard work!
 

I ended up having to order yarn for my cardigan, so I started a new project (because of course why would I work on any of the umpteen WIPs I have in little bags around the house?).
 

This week has been full of horror of war, clown politics, incomplete medical procedures, and the loveliness of fall. I’m trying (and failing) to hold it all. How are you doing?
 

7 comments:

  1. That photo of the baby in the upper right cracks me up. It's such a typically 'baby' expression: one that says, "What in the world is this world around me?" At the end of your post, the photo of that whatever-you're making has some lovely colors. It looks like the very embodiment of autumn. Tell Dr. M that I really, really like his photo of the house on the hill. That's just pure loveliness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Elliott is so cute & that's one of my favorite photos of him. Unfortunately his hair has grown so much that it doesn't stick up anymore, and his mom doesn't want to cut it. Sad.

      I love the colors on this shawl as well. I'm afraid (pretty sure) I'm going to run out of this colorway - we'll see how the next one goes when I incorporate it!

      Delete
  2. you made me chuckle with the 'yardwork'. pretty cool looking house and photo but I look at that and wonder why no trees, no shrubbery, no flowers. it must get awfully hot with no shade. my sister and I often show up in the same color shorts and shirt. and I don't know what you are working on but I like the color progression.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't you laugh - I was sore the next day. Ha! The house is pretty much brand new, built in the middle of a field. Hopefully they're planning to plant some trees!

      Delete
  3. What a run for your Braves.

    I thought of you and your odd food combos yesterday. I had a chicken Caesar wrap, and the sandwich place included the croutons in the wrap. So very odd! That was a first. I thought, 'Dana would have probably loved this.' LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I WOULD have loved it! In fact I'm filing that idea in my brain for future use.

      Delete
  4. I can't believe you have daylilies so late. Ours are long dormant. I don't think they even have leaves.

    I also can't believe I got so behind on your blog! How did that happen?!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Eighteen

Dr. M and I have been busy busy, so this selection of photos is…interesting. Sunday, April 28 th                                   Dr. M &...