Saturday, November 11, 2023

2023 Project 365 – Week Forty-five

In which I post three photos of myself where I am wearing three different glasses toppers (not at the same time – but I could!).
Sunday, November 5th       
These are not the buttons I chose. I printed these off of Etsy & cut them out to see what I thought, and I picked the larger ones, but when I went to check out they were going to cost more than $50 (they were coming from the UK). It’s ok – the ones I ended up getting were a much better match.
 

Monday, November 6th                  
I took the day off of work so my best friend & I could watch the Evolving Faith conference. It was a lovely day.
 

Tuesday, November 7th                     
Dad & Sue were at the beach (insert jealous face here), so I went by their house a couple of times during lunch to make it look occupied work the puzzle.
 

Wednesday, November 8th                               
My car was FILTHY. I meant to take a before & after picture.
 

Thursday, November 9th                            
Ms. Pinky bloom. Happy happy.
 

Friday, November 10th                          
I sewed on the buttons Thursday night & wore my new cardigan to work on Friday. Fast fashion! (That took me three months to make – ha!). I love it & I’m already plotting the next one with different colors.  

Saturday, November 11th                     
Dr. M took so many lovely photos of Lincoln and Catawba Counties today that I just couldn’t pick. So you’re getting them all.
 







<Insert my annual gripe session about the time change here> What are you griping about these days?


13 comments:

  1. I do like the buttons on the right but $50? uh, that's a big no. the ones you ended up with are good too. I have a collection of mother of pearl buttons all in different shapes that I have no idea what I'll ever use them for. Some came off a shirt I had that I ruined and the others I picked up at an estate sale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The buttons themselves were in the $25 range which I would have paid because I think of them as art - it was the shipping from the UK that was the killer.

      Delete
  2. I love your HOTH cardigan! It came out great! I do like those top buttons but yeah, that price is crazy. I like the autumn photo with the barn. And I'm impressed Ms. Pinky is blooming! Our geraniums are still outside but they're not looking great -- maybe I need to get them inside. (We haven't had a frost yet so I was waiting.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah Pinky is actually healthier than she normally is this time of year. I think it was the pruning.

      Delete
  3. OOOH, THE CAR WASH! I love the car wash.
    I also love shopping for buttons. I have a mason jar full of them. You made the right call on eschewing the pricey buttons. That's prohibitive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a bunch of buttons too, but of course none of them were PERFECT. Ha!

      Delete
  4. The photo of the barn is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the buttons you ended up with. The cardigan looks smashing, and the buttons suit it just fine. I can't imagine any buttons costing $50, but of course I remember the days when you bought a dozen on a cardboard card for thirty cents! Ms. Pinky looks great. I did some pruning myself, and need to do more, but we're late enough into the year now that I'd be risking new growth that could get frostbitten down the line.

    Those landscape photos are just so fine. I'm ready for some autumnal tones. Having so many great flowers still blooming at the end of October is great and all, but I could use some change. Our prairie grasses often are as pretty as flowers, at least when it comes to color, but they haven't flourished like they usually do, because of the drought. That's a great barn. Is that a quilt square on the side?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would probably have paid the asking price (they are really little pieces of art), but the shipping from the UK was the killer. Ouch!

      Delete
    2. Oh, and yes - that IS a barn quilt. Maybe I can get Dr. M to zoom in sometime.

      Delete
  6. What a great reason to take off for the day to spend with a friend!

    & I am so obsessed with your cardigan. It turned out SO well & I LOVE the colors!!! The buttons are the perfect touch too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Seventeen

I’m enjoying the calm before the storm – open enrollment kicks off a week from Monday and it will be crazypants until the end of June. And i...