Sunday, January 28, 2024

2024 Project 365 – Week four

I’d like to start off by apologizing for the number of selfies in this post. Sometimes that’s just how the week rolls.
Sunday, January 21st          
Went by dad’s for lunch and a puzzle – and more turtle pie. That stuff is the devil amazing.


Monday, January 22nd
Sent this photo of my office poinsettia to Dr. M letting him know I was bringing it home. It’s huge!
 

Tuesday, January 23rd                         
Jillian’s twin sister Jackie made the artwork. We are still so sad. Her dad shared a story about her that made me smile. She was trying out softball when she was 11 and all the girls were wearing masks. She came over to where the parents were sitting to get water & was wondering why all the masks. One of the moms said that it was so they don’t get hit in the face. Jillian (under her breath) said, “Well I just catch it.” She went back to baseball after that.
 


Wednesday, January 24th                                 
Didn’t feel well, but looked cute. (Well at least until I tried to do a pouty face.)
 

Thursday, January 25th                             
Walked into work this morning with my skirt tucked into my underwear. I was informed that the duster hid the horror, but since a (very kind female) coworker is the one who noticed I’m not convinced.
 

Dr. M celebrated Burns Night by having a wee dram of his favorite single malt, a gift from one of my nephews & his lady. He also watched the American Rogues perform The Gael from Last of the Mohicans. The female drummer goes by the nickname “hammer of the gods” btw. She is fabulous!


Friday, January 26th                           

I’ve been feeling run down so I took the day off from work. I had texted a coworker about some work I did & she said I hope that at least you’re in your recliner so I sent her this.
 

Saturday, January 27th                        
I’m on church council again this year & we had our annual working retreat today. Our opening meditation was about disco balls & I put this headband on. I forgot I was a wearing it & wore it into Dominos later. I also saw a very cool bird feeder.
 


I’m taking Monday off from work too because the next 6 months or so are going to be crazypants at work. I guess that’s one way to make the winter (and spring) fly by. Do you have anything challenging coming up?
 

8 comments:

  1. thecontemplativecat here. It is thrilling to see someone who wants to care and grow these plants. One year I kept two normal sized plants and nursed them along. At one point they were almost 3 ft. tall. Then white fly discovered them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We like to try, but haven't been successful at keeping one going for a whole year.

      Delete
  2. My mom kept her poinsettias going year after year, but "babying" hardly describes the OCD way she took care of them. She did manage to keep one -- and keep it blooming -- for five years! I will say that by the time I get done looking at your food, I'm either thinking "this woman is weird" or wondering if it's too late to make a run to the store for ice cream! That pie sure looks good...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah - we don't work that hard at keeping the poinsettia. I mean, Dr. M waters it, but...

      I think both of your thoughts about my food are valid. Ha!

      Delete
  3. I don't understand how one gets an entire part of a skirt tucked into one's underwear and doesn't know/feel it. Wouldn't all that extra fabric be a tip-off? Or the breeze on the legs? I just don't get it.

    The people at Domino's probably had their moods lightened considerably by your disco headband. I know I'd have counted it as an Unexpected Joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't all that cold, but still you would have thought I'd feel SOMETHING. I'm guessing that the duster kept me from noticing the breeze?

      Delete
  4. That looks like a wee bit more than a wee dram. Slaint!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Seventeen

I’m enjoying the calm before the storm – open enrollment kicks off a week from Monday and it will be crazypants until the end of June. And i...