Sunday, February 4, 2024

2024 Project 365 – Week five

It’s February now. Did you know?
Sunday, January 28th           
We had a baptism (plus someone else joined the church). I had an excellent waffle at my dad’s house. I went by my brother & his wife’s house & got cutting board envy (yes, I ordered one for us & we already have it). AND my sister-in-law gave me a topper organizer! Look how pitiful my 12 toppers look. So lonely. So I ordered some more. Oof.


Then later Dr. M & I worked hard to make sure Taylor’s team won their game.
  

Monday, January 29th
I had the day off from work and was mildly productive. AND I ate a vegetable!
 

Tuesday, January 30th                          
Dr. M & Pop sitting in the sun.
 

Wednesday, January 31st                                  
Miss Pinky & Ms. Rita seem to be enjoying their winter quarters.
 

Thursday, February 1st                            
From the socials: People it’s hot. I mean it’s 56 degrees (& sunny) & ordinarily that would be sweater weather but apparently not today. Oof.
 

I decided to get myself a big gift for my 60th birthday (yes, I know it’s more than a month away). This is an Apple Watch, which I said I would never get (in fact, the first time the Apple Watch app showed up on my phone I deleted it). Never say never people! Anyway, I was thrilled to order it with this band which is supposed to symbolize Black unity. For now I’m using the Snoopy watch face because it makes me laugh. It’s animated and changes frequently. So far I’m loving the watch!
 


Friday, February 2nd                            
So apparently I just decided to skip January in calendar-land?
 

Saturday, February 3rd                         
Dr. M & I watched the hockey all-star game (it was excellent), but the only photo I took was of this commercial for a “60 second shower” wipe called Skunky. It made us laugh and laugh. And also, maybe I should order it?
 


February is a conundrum to me. It’s still the womb of the year, and the weather is not ideal. But there are daffodils coming up behind the house, and my birthday is next month. What are your thoughts about the shortest month?
 

10 comments:

  1. I love February. For one thing, it's Mardi Gras month. For another, this is the month that wildflowers will begin to appear. Huzzah! That salad looks wonderful, too. For some odd reason, it looks better than the waffle. I cannot explain that.
    How long will it be before Miss Pinky and Ms. Rita get to go outside? March? or maybe April. I have no idea what kind of weather fluctuations you have, but we're pretty much at the same temperatures now -- although we're going to have a week coming up in the delightful low to mid 60s.

    I can't even fathom an Apple watch. Of course, I haven't worn a watch in thirty years, so there's that. I can't wear jewelry or a watch at work, and after a while I just got out of the habit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had stopped wearing a watch back in around 2009? But then someone gave me their Fitbit watch so I could use it to prompt me to get up every hour & move around after my hip surgery. This was 2017 & I've worn a watch again ever since.

      Delete
  2. thecontemplativecat here. John bought an iWatch and phone. My teenage gr-daughter Clara has given me some lessons in the phone. what we wanted wi t h the watch was to have some GPS locator, heart rate and B/P for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to see how well (or poorly) I slept. And theoretically track my steps. But so far I think I spend most of my time looking at Snoopy. Ha!

      Delete
  3. You've gotten very techy in your Old Age. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. are you sure you're feeling alright? both those food pics are so normal that I would eat them. and nope, I'm never getting an apple watch. I will not have my life controlled by a watch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not really controlled by it so much as enjoying the gadgetry. The only things that it tells me to do that I listen to are: 1. Get up at least once per hour (which is a reminder that you do NOT NEED); and 2. Get out of bed (another reminder you do NOT NEED).

      Delete
  5. Get it over with! Even though I don't like March either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah - if it weren't my birthday month I'd want to skip it too!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Seventeen

I’m enjoying the calm before the storm – open enrollment kicks off a week from Monday and it will be crazypants until the end of June. And i...