Sunday, February 25, 2024

2024 Project 365 – Week Eight

There are five photos of me this week (I’m counting Sunday as one photo) and in each one I’m wearing a different glasses topper. But I’m not obsessed.
Sunday, February 18th           
I got to spend time with my great-nephews (and some other people) Sunday evening! Gray is SO ACTIVE and adorable, and Eli is not quite as active (being an infant) but also adorable. Not pictured: Eli chewing my fingers vigorously.

     

 
Monday, February 19th
Sent Dr. M this photo of me eating a protein bar on my way to mall walk with my bestie.
 

Tuesday, February 20th                          
A coworker saw this sweater at Goodwill and thought it looked like something I needed. She was RIGHT!
 

Wednesday, February 21st
No photo.
 
Thursday, February 22nd                              
Dr. M got to watch the first spring training game of the season. Woo hoo!
 

Friday, February 23rd                              
I voted in the primary. I was very excited to vote for Jeff Jackson for Attorney General – hopefully he makes it through the primary and then wins in the general election.
 

After work I “had” to stay at Dad & Sue’s house until I finished the puzzle. Hard times. Ha!
 

Saturday, February 24th                          
I thought my samurai housewife look was hilarious.
 

My Valentine tulips have been looking amazing. I’m sure you agree! (Full disclosure – in the process of dusting the table I knocked the remaining petals off. Oops.)
 



February is almost over and my birthday month is beginning. I have to say that if my birthday wasn’t in March I would not be a fan. It’s so deceptive. I mean, it’s when spring “officially” starts, but does it seem springish? No it does not. Although maybe the problem is what I think spring is supposed to be like. What are your thoughts about March?  
 

10 comments:

  1. I like that sweater! I noticed that it's color-coordinated with your phone. Now, you just need a glasses topper to go with it. The scene on the jigsaw puzzle reminds me of a place called Wildseed Farm up in the hill country. They grow flowers for seed, but they have a demonstration garden that's splendid -- a real mix of flowers, which is what I like.

    I completely missed the first game of the baseball season. It seems way too early for baseball. What's really odd is that I didn't hear anyone talking about it. I suppose I've been distracted, although I can't say by what.

    I don't pay any attention to hockey, but I did hear that there are quiet talks taking place about bringing a hockey team to Houston. I don't know one thing about that sport, but you and Dr. M seem to enjoy it, so I'll root for us getting it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's spring training - not "real" baseball. Only crazy people like us watch those games. Ha!

      Delete
  2. You know what they say about March -- in like a lion, out like a lamb!

    Looks to me like YOU'RE the one doing the finger-nibbling. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were equally fascinated with each other's fingers. ;)

      Delete
  3. March is too long. By the time it gets to the 22nd or so, I've had enough and it seems to just drag on forever.

    In all honesty, however, I say that about all the months with 31 days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Samurai Housewife - LOL!!!!!!!! That made me laugh!!!
    So a coworker gave you that sweater - that's so nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a friend before he and his wife moved to New Mexico, Arizona? don't remember. anyway he is a photographer and he took the most gorgeous black and white photos of gone by and wilted tulips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo - maybe I'll start trying to do that (although art photography is not my area of expertise for sure).

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Seventeen

I’m enjoying the calm before the storm – open enrollment kicks off a week from Monday and it will be crazypants until the end of June. And i...