Sunday, March 3, 2024

2024 Project 365 – Week Nine

It’s my birthday! It’s my birthday! I’m so full of chocolate cake it’s just crazypants (details below). Lots of photos from this week, so buckle up.
Sunday, February 25th           
Went to dad & Sue’s. My dad was in charge of the pizza and he got PINEAPPLE on it. It was delicious. I asked the interwebs yay or nay, and got 24 yeses, 10 nos, and 3 not sures. That’s the most comments I’ve gotten on a post in a while!
 

Meanwhile, Sue’s orchids absolutely love their sun room. And I had to ask if the poinsettia was real because it looks so gorgeous.  



Monday, February 26th
Dr. M took his annual photo of the ancestral Flossie Phlox (Flossie was his grandmother) at his dad’s house. It’s (barely) hanging on.
 

Tuesday, February 27th                          
I’ve gained some weight in the last year. But even so I think I see myself as larger than I actually am. Exhibit A: I was making the 2X version of this sweater but I thought it didn’t look big enough so I added a bunch of extra stitches. Now I have a sort of cape-like shrug situation. It’s lovely as long as you don’t compare it to the original pattern (also let’s not talk about how I didn’t swatch so it’s way too short). Lesson learned? I don’t know - I probably still won’t swatch. But I might actually measure myself to see what size my item needs to be.
 

Went by dad & Sue’s and finished the most recent puzzle (“most recent” – ha! They’ve already finished another one & started the next one by now.)
 

Wednesday, February 28th  
Happy happy…
 

I started a new project, which right now kind of looks like some sort of Thanksgiving craft. Not my usual colors. We shall see!
 

Thursday, February 29th                               
Happy mail from Oh Happy Dani. She is such a force for good in the world.
 

The ancestral phlox is really thriving in our yard. I love it so.
 

Friday, March 1st           
My crazy coworkers had a mini party for me for my birthday! (I say crazy, but we basically do this for every birthday.) This is the first of THREE chocolate cakes that I have had this weekend.
 

Saturday, March 2nd                           
Went out with the family and then back to dad & Sue’s for chocolate cake #2. It had a penguin on it! (Note: dad & Sue were there, but I didn’t get a photo. What the heck.)
 

Today is my actual birthday & after church my cousin organized a little reception with yet another chocolate cake. I’ll post photos from that next week. I feel well and truly celebrated and now I’m wondering why I didn’t plan to take tomorrow off from work because I need a little rest from all this partying. Ha! Also, I’d like to state for the record that every one of those cakes was DELICIOUS. But perhaps I’ll steer clear of cake for a while (after I finish the leftovers of course). What are you celebrating lately? Does it involve chocolate cake?   

15 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! A milestone!! All the live flowers are a happy sight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can add one more hard "no" to the pineapple on pizza. I like pineapple just fine, but pizza is meant to be meaty-spicy-tomato-y. Pineapple's for cottage cheese, or just eating! The orchids and poinsettia are gorgeous, but I like your phlox the best; they're really gorgeous. Why such a difference between yours and the ancestral plot, do you think?

    I'm celebrating that I'm almost ready to drop into the 140s. I'm down twelve pounds, and another twelve would be just ducky. I'm almost past the point of being tempted by things like chocolate cake -- although I did spend a little too much time thinking about cream cheese brownies this afternoon. I managed to just think, and not do, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what else is weird? I've been able to comment here and on Ellen's blog without having to go to Chrome to get my comment to 'take.' Something, somewhere, has changed. Hallelujah!

      Delete
    2. The pineapple cuts the taste of the sausage (I'm not used to eating such greasy foods anymore). But I admit that it's definitely different!

      The phlox at Mike's dad's house has been cut back a lot because his dad didn't like where it was growing. So these are the stubborn remnants that are left. Ours came from a cutting Mike got from these.

      Delete
  3. Happy birthday! I'm glad the ancestral phlox is flourishing in your yard, at least. And you know, I've always liked pizza with pineapple, but I know it's a huge taboo among pizza purists.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was amused at how much response I got - and that the yeses outweighed the nos by so much!

      Delete
  4. HB! and 60? getting up there Dana. no cake here chocolate or otherwise. I don't need the sugar and he doesn't need the calories. in fact I haven't made any kind of desert for over a year. I might have to remedy that. the phlox are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I AM getting up there. I'm as astonished as everyone else.

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday and wow! That's a LOT of chocolate cake. I can't remember the last time I had cake, let alone chocolate. It's not that I'm depriving myself; I just haven't been around any birthday people or cake.

    Jealous of your lovely phlox and daffs. We are in the low 70s here in NEO today, though, so lots of things are getting ahead of themselves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those pops of color are keeping me going these days (well, and chocolate cake too, obviously).

      Delete
  6. Sending you another HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
    I was one of the yes on pineapple on pizza - DELISH!
    & you KNOW I'm now going over ot check out the sticker site!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think her shop is on break until April - but it's worth the wait!

      Delete
  7. Sorry to overlook this. Actually I did send you an email birthday greeting but I've been having computer problems and may not have sent it to the correct address. At any rate, happy belated birthday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found it! I don't use that address anymore so I forget to check. I replied to you.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Seventeen

I’m enjoying the calm before the storm – open enrollment kicks off a week from Monday and it will be crazypants until the end of June. And i...