Sunday, March 31, 2024

2024 Project 365 – Week Thirteen

Hello from the other side of Holy Week! We had church early today (8:00, but the choir had to be there at 7:15) so I am possibly a little delirious. Yes, I know that 7:15 is not EARLY early like some churches do, but let me have my moment of drama.
Sunday, March 24th              
I had gone out but then I couldn’t get back in the house because reasons. I know that paper wasps aren’t really a threat, but I also know from experience that they will sting if you accidentally grab one.


 
Monday, March 25th
Not pictured is my bracket, which at that time looked rather lovely, but has since been shredded (I posted a video on the socials, but I shall spare you). All I can say at this point is, go NC State (men and women)!
 
Tuesday, March 26th                          
Freshly scrubbed and ready for bed.
 

Wednesday, March 27th  
Since I started back singing in choir I decided to use the binder of one of our former choir members. I opened it up & smiled to see four year old cough drops and lip gloss. Miss having her around!
 

Thursday, March 28th                               
Maundy Thursday. It was a lovely service & I enjoyed my soup and traditional Maundy Thursday donut.


Friday, March 29th            
I had the day off from work and made a ginormous breakfast sandwich. It has two eggs, three pieces of livermush, & laughing cow cheese. You’ll be shocked to note that it actually fit in my mouth.
 

Opening Day for the Braves! They look pretty good this year.  
 

Saturday, March 30th                             
This is Dr. M’s view out of the office window. Lovely!
 

Progress report on my latest cardigan, otherwise known as the Thanksgiving table runner. I still need to do the sleeves and then sew it all together. I’m trying to decide what color to use as the trim (I’m leaning toward the darker rust color or the dark brown – which looks black in the photo).
 

Dr. M got me another excellent t-shirt. This is one of the main NC State players who is a beast and also apparently an all round great guy. They play Duke today for a chance to go to the Final Four. Won’t you be glad when all of this is over?
 

I’m home from church, working on my blog post, and then going to see Dad & Sue for a bit before coming back home to watch baseball and basketball. It’s a beautiful day and I bought two new albums yesterday (Beyoncé’s Cowboy Carter and Songs of Our Native Daughters. Both are excellent. So life is currently good. How’s about with you?

11 comments:

  1. Looks to me like UCONN is going to repeat, though I haven't seen any of the games.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Purdue is looking really good too, but you're probably right.

      Delete
  2. Yes, I'll be glad when it's all over. I'm always astonished at how omnipresent sports is in our national consciousness (and economy).

    ReplyDelete
  3. life is good. spending my days mostly outside.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you're way more current than I am. I haven't bought a contemporary music album in years! I love Dr. M's view. What on earth is "livermush" -- dare I ask? (I actually think I've asked this before but I can't remember!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't want to know what's in livermush. Ha!

      Delete
  5. Somehow I missed the Duke/NC game. I was going to cheer for NC in your honor, too. But, I just looked and discovered they won even without my support, so I'll try to do better for the next game.

    Baseball? Oh, my. Our Astros started out losing four in a row to the d***** Yankees. Then, tonight, a fellow who just got brought up to the majors recently threw a no-hitter. That's our team!

    I think the dark brown or rust trim would work best, too. Now, I want some of that good Maundy Thursday soup -- that looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that about that pitcher - wowza! And you too can have that soup - it's the Olive Garden minestrone. So good!

      Delete
    2. That's the best kind of soup -- the kind that can be easily purchased rather than being made from scratch!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Seventeen

I’m enjoying the calm before the storm – open enrollment kicks off a week from Monday and it will be crazypants until the end of June. And i...