Sunday, August 18, 2024

2024 Project 365 – Week Thirty-two

I’m sitting here working on my post & just noticed that our sort of palm-treeish plant in the dining area is trying to poke a hole in the ceiling. Hmm. We might have to find a home for it on the floor (it sits on a shelf right now). Okay okay - here’s a picture:

P.S. There is a picture of my face every day this week. Made me laugh!

Sunday, August 11th        

I went to church so I could listen to women preach!



Monday,  August 12th     

Seen around the yard. 



Meanwhile, I was at the dentist. They have a lovely view…



Tuesday, August 13th    

After work conversations. (Dr. M was all what are you doing & I was all I’m taking my BeReal photo for the day.)



Wednesday, August 14th    

Cackling on my way to work over something on my audiobook.


Thursday, August 15th     

From the Socials: Thoughts while getting ready this morning:

1.  Do I have the nerve to wear this outfit?

2.  Is it actually an “outfit?”

3.  Should I have ironed it? šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

4.  What is up with my hair?

5.  Oh well, I’m not the one who has to look at me all day.

6.  Go to work already!



Friday, August 16th      

Also from the Socials: In other wardrobe related news, I need better lighting while getting dressed because these glasses totally matched my top in the bedroom mirror.



Saturday, August 17th      

Dr. M was wondering if synchronized goating would be at the next Olympics. He might have a couple of contenders!



I went to my friend Jenny’s house for a pool party (there were just three of us - it was more of a pool gossip-solve-all-the-world’s-problems session). Got my annual sunburn! (The last time I went to her house was about this time last year.)



Do you ever just feel like you’re always letting everyone down all the time? I said yes to a thing this weekend, but then said no to another one & that’s what I’m focused on. Do I really not do things because I have a really weak social battery or am I just an asshole? What about you - do you say yes more than you want to & resent it? Or no & then feel guilty? Or are you normal? (That last question is a joke - I don’t think any of us is normal!) 


10 comments:

  1. I say no a lot and never regret it. And you COULD just trim off that topmost branch of the plant trying to escape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. no is a powerful word. too many people feel guilty using it and then grumble about what they agreed to. I say, get over the guilt. and that pool looks very inviting right about now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think synchronized goating would be terrific. I'd much rather watch that than break-dancing! (Actually, I've heard that break-dancing isn't going to be part of the next Olympics, so maybe they'd be open to the goats!) I love the green of that shirt almost as much as the goats. If it's a linen blend, that's how it's supposed to look -- no ironing needed. I laughed at your palm. I'll bet if you move it to the floor, give it some sun, and feed it, it'll make another run at the ceiling.

    As for your questions: Do I ever feel like I'm letting everyone down? I can't say that I do. I do much better with my yeses and nos these days, too. If I don't want to go somewhere, I say so. If an obligation makes me feel resentful as soon as I think about it? I don't say yes. There's some Biblical wisdom for this one. See: Matthew 5:37 -- "Let your ‘Yes’ mean ‘Yes,’ and your ‘No’ mean ‘No.’ Anything more is from the evil one." How about that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The goats made me laugh as soon as I saw the photo. And I think my yes/no conundrum is that I often don't really know what I want to do, so guilt ends up being a deciding factor. Although the older I've gotten the better I am at figuring it out.

      Delete
  4. I try to say Yes as often as possible because I'm retired and have Time. People need me. I rarely feel resentful, but this past spring, I went back on a major commitment I made because it literally was ruining my life and making me feel deeply resentful and angry. The repercussions have been unpleasant, but sometimes, you have to do what you have to do. Every once in a while, I have to put myself first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that when I'm no longer working I'll say yes more often - especially because I have hermit tendencies & need to really watch out for that!

      Delete
  5. I think your "sort of palm-treeish plant" is actually a palm tree. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Thirty-five

It’s September & I’m feeling my usual angst about The Coming of the Dark. I mean, it’s nice that it’s not 90 degrees, but still…  Sunday...