Sunday, August 4, 2024

2024 Project 365 – Week Thirty

Once again I did not work this weekend, although I did bring my laptop home and plan to do a couple of things that will make my Monday morning a little easier. I hesitate to say it, but I think that the worst has passed. Fingers crossed!

Sunday, July 28th         

I was so excited when this player got a hit that I had a mishap with my glasses. Ha!


Monday, July 29th     

We had us a gulleywasher!


Tuesday, July 30th    

We spent some quality time watching the GOAT this week (as well as a number of other ridiculously talented athletes). 



Wednesday, July 31st    

This is the only “picture” - a screenshot of me purchasing a crochet pattern at 10:30 at night. An acquaintance had texted asking if I could make something for her cat, and since I’m feeling a little more kindly toward cats lately & the pattern looked kind of fun, I thought I’d give it a go. 



Thursday, August 1st     

“I’m gettin’ old, Mike!” says the 92 year old…



Friday, August 2nd     

Absolute chaos this morning trying to brush my teeth with my right hand while simultaneously scrolling my phone with my left hand. Did I hit all four quadrants with my toothbrush? At this point only the Shadow knows. (Note: I was trying to access the app that controls the smart plug that runs the fan in the bedroom - I wanted to turn it off. Also note that the phone was on the counter to my right. It kind of reminded me of when Dr. M & I were trying to do that twining arms cake smash thing at our wedding.)



Saturday, August 3rd      

Smoky says there are all manner of lawn mowers out back! The neighbors goats have been having a grand old time in Dr. M’s dad’s yard. 



I have nothing else to say here, so feel free to talk amongst yourselves!

11 comments:

  1. That gully washer surely did its job and cleaned out -- well, something. I didn't watch many of the Olympic competitions, but I fell in love with Stephen Nedoroscik, aka Pommel Horse Guy. I thought it was something that he takes off his glasses to compete, but when I learned that he literally can't see without them -- well! Here's an article about his condition. The comparisons to Clark Kent/Superman were on target!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I saw that (not in real time - we watched the replay in the evening). It was MOST impressive!

      Delete
  2. If you haven't seen it, here's his winning routine. You can see him squinting just before he begins, and hear him asking for his glasses afterwards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Smoky, he seems disturbed by those goats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know Bruce - not too much bothers that cat. Ha!

      Delete
  4. I turn my ceiling fan off the old fashioned way...pull the cord. I haven't watched any of the Olympics since my brother and Cathi left.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A former boss gave me that smart plug for Christmas YEARS ago and I decided to use it for the fan. That way I can read in bed in peace without the breeze, and then I don't have to get back out of bed to turn it on when it's time to go to sleep.

      Delete
  5. Natural lawn-mowers -- quiet and they distribute fertilizer! What's not to like?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, they're not actually all that quiet, but I find them hilarious.

      Delete
  6. thecontmeplativecat here. Multi-tasking has problems. One hand at a time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Thirty-six

People. I am on vacation! I don’t have to go to work until Monday the 23rd! I mean, I did bring my laptop home, but I don’t plan to look at ...