Sunday, September 8, 2024

2024 Project 365 – Week Thirty-five

It’s September & I’m feeling my usual angst about The Coming of the Dark. I mean, it’s nice that it’s not 90 degrees, but still… 

Sunday, September 1st        

No other photo, so you get this one of me after church. I do believe I was in the drive-through line at KFC. Ha!

Monday,  September 2nd 

Your weekly morning glories. They’re taking over the yard, but I can’t be mad about it.



Tuesday, September 3rd   

Dr. M says it’s not easy being green in a concrete world!



Wednesday, September 4th     

Walking in to work this morning my coworker said she thought I was wearing Jesus earrings & I said I AM!! (To be clear, I know Kamala isn’t Jesus. Just in case you’re worried about my eternal salvation.)



Dr. M says, as Saint Buffy of Sunnydale reminded us, “The hardest thing in this world is to live in it. Be brave. Live.”



Thursday, September 5th     

It’s muscadine season!



Friday, September 6th      

These spider lilies at my dad’s house are so pretty!



Saturday, September 7th      

So I said to myself, “Self! It’s a lovely mild September day! Go crochet on the deck!” Turns out sitting in full sun with yarn on your lap isn’t actually very mild. 🤷🏻‍♀️🌞🧶



Dr. M took a photo of one of my favorite views. He says that the soybeans are looking good!


This week has been pretty heavy. One of my favorite people that I follow, Sharon McMahon, wrote a post about how we are sacrificing our children on the altar of firearm worship. She said that we need to melt down that golden calf, and I agree. We’ve all said all the words there are to say. I feel some despair, but also a smidge of hope. But that hope depends on everyone voting. I’m ready - are you?


9 comments:

  1. It's. The. Guns.
    No other country is so awash in readily available firearms as we are, and that's The Problem, period. Other arguments are bullshit.

    I'll be voting on Day One of early voting here in Ohio. My whole family is voting Harris/Walz.

    I'd never heard of or seen spider lilies before; they're truly beautiful. Thanks for introducing me to them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes IT'S THE GUNS DAMMIT. Totally agree. I keep checking my voter registration and yes will vote ASAP during early voting.

      Delete
    2. PS - not really holding out much hope but isn't it exciting that NC could possible turn blue this election? Just the possibility is making my heart pitter patter.

      Delete
  2. I'm certainly ready to vote! The Republicans often try to argue these mass shootings are really about mental illness, but that's just obfuscation. Mentally ill people couldn't perpetrate the crimes if they couldn't easily lay their hands on a gun. It's that simple.

    I love your Kamala earrings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love them too! (Also, for some reason my blog flagged you as spam again - it's been a while!)

      Delete
  3. I wonder if all those people who think other people's dead kids are the price you have to pay for the freedom to have as many guns of any type that you want think that their own children would also worth the price?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Thirty-six

People. I am on vacation! I don’t have to go to work until Monday the 23rd! I mean, I did bring my laptop home, but I don’t plan to look at ...