Saturday, October 19, 2024

2024 Project 365 – Week Forty-one

Here I sit in my bathrobe, which I flang on top of my jacket, because this little Bug got her flu & Covid vaccines yesterday. I always tell the technician that I don’t have a reaction to them, but hahahaha! Yes, yes I do. I don’t have an actual fever, but you couldn’t tell that by how my body feels. So they’re working. Yay! However, my brain may or may not be engaged while I write this post. Let’s find out together, shall we?

Sunday, October 13th        

Remember my fabulous idea for dinner from last week? Well, I did it! Well, I left off the peas, so when I posted this photo there were a lot more people interest in the meal. 


Monday,  October 14th  

I didn’t take a photo today, but I DID take screenshots of this information about the former president’s immigration policies. I realize I’m preaching to the choir, but I’m putting these slides here anyway.



Tuesday, October 15th    

I’m ecstatic to report that hockey is back baby! We lost our first game, but the coach had some sort of come to Jesus meeting with the team leaders and we were on FIRE for the next two games. We play again tonight. Let’s go Canes!


Wednesday, October 16th   

For no reason, other than that they are adorable, here are my great-nephews. Awww…



Also, went to my dad’s during lunch & my sweater was flinging puzzle pieces left & right. Just call me MacGyver!



Thursday, October 17th     

Dr. M & I voted! Separately, at two different early voting sites. I didn’t wear my earrings into the polling place, but I had them in my purse pocket so they’d be close. We both waited in line about 45 minutes



Friday, October 18th      

Dr. M got himself an early 65th birthday present - some cast iron cookware! The lid to the dutch oven is also a grill pan, and the message on the back of the frying pan made me laugh and laugh (Jolene please don’t take my pan!). 



Saturday, October 12th      

I used the script that Nance gave me last week, but today I wrote a new one, which I’m posting here because my handwriting is terrible. These poor voters. Hopefully they’ll get the gist of it! “Thank you for being a voter! Early voting in NC started on Oct. 17th. Have you voted yet? Please make a plan - the last day to vote is Tues. Nov. 5th!”



Meanwhile, Dr. M just got home from the land of Nascar (that’s Saint Dale’s number), and Trump flags. Heavy sigh. 


I saw that NC had record turnout for early voting so far, but the stats show an equal number of Republicans and Democrats voting. I’m hoping that some of those Republicans are voting Democrat this election, but who knows. How are you feeling about things?

(Well lookie there - all I did was talk about politics in this post. Oops!)


3 comments:

  1. unbelievable that so many people think deporting undocumented and legal immigrants is a good idea and they will be the first to screech when the economy bottoms out. our early voting starts tomorrow but I'll probably wait a day or two so I can just walk in and not have to wait.
    I don't know what's under that fried egg on top of the toast and I probably don't want to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is fried bologna under the egg! And also some laughing cow cheese. It was delicious!

      Delete
  2. Despite how you may have felt, your whit and quirky sense of humor is on par. One of my very favorite quotes applies even to this election: "All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well" -St Julian of Norwich (no hiding the last puzzle piece up your sleeve! ;))

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Forty-one

Here I sit in my bathrobe, which I flang on top of my jacket, because this little Bug got her flu & Covid vaccines yesterday. I always t...