Sunday, October 27, 2024

2024 Project 365 – Week Forty-two

Old Business: Reader, I did have a fever (100.6), but felt much better on Sunday. 

New Business: Reader, I woke up Monday morning with both of my thumbs inflamed. As the day/week wore on, all of my usual pain points starting saying, “Pay attention to meeee!!!” Keep in mind that I take an anti-inflammatory medication every day. I messaged my NP on Wednesday to see if she thought it was the vaccination combo & she thought it might be, but to come see her if I didn’t get better. I thought I was better, but the pain keeps moving around. Today I feel like I have shin splints. What in the actual heck - doesn’t that involve some form of athletic endeavor? Oof. Anyway, we’ll see how this week goes!

Sunday, October 20th        

Came home from church & did some deck sitting with Dr. M. I told the socials that I didn’t know how Dr. M could keep his hands off of me since I was looking so sexy.  


Meanwhile Dr. M was taking pictures of birds, including this one of a pileated woodpecker!

Finally, that night he made our first meal using his new cast iron. It was so good ya’ll!

Monday,  October 21st  

I looked in the mirror at work & thought I HAVE FOUND MY HALLOWEEN COSTUME! Stay tuned.



Tuesday, October 22nd    

I helped out at our work food truck event & got so tangled up in tape that my coworker had to come at me with scissors. It was hilarious & so me. Ha!



Wednesday, October 23rd   

Dr. M ordered a couple of more cast iron pans. He says he’s done now. The second photo shows one he’s been seasoning compared to one of the new ones. 



Thursday, October 24th     

Watched some of the rally where Obama introduced VP Harris. 



Friday, October 25th      

Dr. M sat on the deck & had some visitors. He just missed getting a photo of a goldfinch. 



Saturday, October 26th      

Trunk or Treat at church! It was a gorgeous day! Much better than last year’s where I about had heat stroke. I posted the top right photo while I was driving over there with the caption that I had my game face on. I had to take the nails off as soon as I got home because I was afraid I was going to stab myself. Also, I couldn’t open one of those little Milk Dud boxes & we can’t have that!



Meanwhile, Dr. M mailed my postcards for me. I “only” was able to write 160 because of the thumb issue. I have another couple of days to do some more if I feel able. We shall see.


I shall close with something that I think is hilarious. This happened week before last but I forgot to post it. I wrote about the incident in an HR forum I belong to & I think this is the most “likes” I’ve ever received in my life. And you should see some of the comments from other HR professionals talking about their goofs. It was great. Hope it makes you laugh too (and yes, I corrected it RIGHT AWAY!).


1 comment:

  1. Congratz on that EXCELLENT Halloween costume, hippie girl! But are you wearing Dr. M's trousers? Also glad to see Dr. M has acquired some great black iron pans. Tell him to use those handle protectors. It's easy to forget and try to pick up a very hot pan. Oh, and birds! We don't get many varieties here but yesterday we were sitting on the patio and Judy had just filled the bird bath and all of a sudden we FIVE goldfinches at once at it! And we spotted the first mockingbird we'd seen in ages up on our neighbor's roof. We think he wanted a drink but just thought those humans were too close.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Forty-two

Old Business: Reader, I did have a fever (100.6), but felt much better on Sunday.  New Business: Reader, I woke up Monday morning with both ...