Remember how last week I said that we had another social gathering at
church? Well, we had another one today – a baby shower. Let’s see, I had banana
pudding & cake last week, then this Friday I had cake at work (coworker
birthday), and yesterday I had cake (birthday celebration for my dad), and today
I had, you guessed it, cake, at the shower. I think I need a break from
celebrations!
Sunday, September 13th
A tender moment between mother and daughter (and grandson-to-be).
Sunday, September 13th
A tender moment between mother and daughter (and grandson-to-be).
Dr. M has started documenting my favorite House-on-the-Hill and its soybean fields.
Just walking out to my car on a lovely day.
Dr. M took his dad’s truck to be inspected & was turned away because NO ONE THERE KNEW HOW TO DRIVE A STICK SHIFT (they have to drive the vehicle into the bay for inspections). What kind of car people were working at that place? For heaven’s sake.
I’m clearly not the boss of my hair.
I took photos of things that made me smile – sheep top frames & penguin slipper socks.
No photo.
Dr. M had a leftover biscuit from Bojangles & I decided to make myself a breakfast sandwich. I was so proud of how well I folded my egg to fit on the biscuit!
I laughed at the stick-shift story. Around here, one of the primary anti-theft precautions is driving a stick-shift car; most young thieves don't have a clue how to drive the things. Personally, I miss the fun of driving that kind of car, but that's how I started driving, way back in the early 1960s.
ReplyDeleteI think those red spider lilies are the same kind that pop up around here from time to time, often in abandoned lots or old homesites. Here's some information about them from one of your local sources. Cool!
I learned to drive using a stick shift - but I took my driving test with my cousin's automatic Ford Pinto. Ha!
DeleteWe had those lilies in Ohio too - we called them surprise lilies. I think they're great.
I'm sending good wishes along for your shoulder surgery this week. Hopefully, your recovery will be quick and uneventful.
ReplyDeleteThank you!
DeleteI see they finally planted some trees around that house. My kids can drive a stick shift, don't know about her kids even though I'm the one that taught them to drive, mine and hers, at least the three girls, but by the time I was teaching them to drive we had our first automatic car. Hard to believe not a single person at the inspection station could drive a stick. Were they all just out of high school?
ReplyDeleteIt just seems crazy that someone could work at a car place & not know how to drive a stick shift - no matter how old they are!
DeleteThey were very young folks. The guy told me that if I came back the next day, a dude named Jim would be on duty and he could drive it.
DeleteWell, it sounds like going outside and whacking things down is probably also not something you'll be able to do after your surgery, so you achieved your goal! I will refrain from addressing housekeeping, but I gotta say that NORMALLY I do not clean behind toilets. Only when guests are on the horizon. :)
ReplyDeleteI do tend to notice more things that need attention when we're having company, but I still don't really do anything about it. Ha!
Delete