There is a lot to be thankful for these days. I haven’t quite gotten to the cane stage (I tried it a bit yesterday, but I’m still too wobbly), but I think I’ve made great strides in my recovery. What else am I thankful for?
· Food! Two sets of neighbors have brought food by (chicken casserole & potato salad & veggies from their garden). We really enjoyed it a lot. Thanks!
· More food! A couple of ladies from church made meatloaf for us. They’re in their 70s & one of them has just started chemotherapy for a return of cancer – and they had the nerve to apologize that we needed to come by to pick up the meatloaf. We enjoyed our outing a lot – sat & talked with them for a while & then returned home with our booty. (I meant the meatloaf – what did you think I meant?)
· Dr. M’s school sent me flowers! They’re gorgeous – don’t you think?
· I really like my two home health folks. I have one for physical therapy and one for nursing. They’re really nice and seem to be focused on getting me better quickly.
· Last night I freaked out when I realized that my pharmacy didn’t refill my prescription for percoset – they gave me vicodin. I was sure there was an error until I realized that the vicodin was a different dosage than what I had before. Apparently my Dr.’s office decided to change my pain medication without telling me. Grrr. But I took the new meds last night & had the best night of sleep since before the surgery. So I’m not going to complain to the doctor in case it was a mistake & they make me start taking the other stuff again. Heh.
· In non-surgical news, I’m really thankful for our back yard right now. Dr. M & I sat out there in the shade for a while yesterday & it was so pleasant. We kept laughing at these two doves on the power line – the male would skootch over to the female & she would skootch away from him. They probably moved a foot or so down the line in said manner. I could have watched that show all night, but she got tired of it & flew away.
So, what are you thankful for today?