Saturday, August 6, 2011

2011 Project 365 – Week Thirty-Two




I know I’ve already talked about it a lot (will she EVER just SHUT UP?), but my hip surgery is on Monday. I really appreciate all the thoughts & prayers that everyone has expressed so far. I’m actually looking forward to it at this point. And, bonus, I get a few weeks off of work too! Watch this space: there may be blogging from the hospital.

For now, here’s my week. If you want to see more pictures, go check out Dr. M’s blog post from today.

Sunday, July 31st   
We had our annual church picnic Sunday afternoon. I got to interview Ms. Phyllis for our church newsletter. She taught school for many years before she retired to cheat at scrabble at church picnics. Just kidding. Although I’ve been told that she does cheat.


Here are some other pics of the day – our hosts had a new pontoon boat. We had a great time tooling around on a hot day.





Monday, August 1st
Here’s our cement pond picture of the week.


The weekly squirrel. Sigh.


The ground crew.


Tuesday, August 2nd   
What, me steal green tomatoes?


We’re really enjoying seeing this juvenile woodpecker. Dr. M has more woodpecker pictures on his blog today.


Wednesday, August 3rd
It’s a purple pepper! Our golden ones look pretty ripe too. We think. How can you tell when you’ve never grown one before? We’re going to do the taste test later this week.


Our chickadee.


Thursday, August 4th       
Our first tomato! They sure have taken their time getting ripe this year.


It’s a buckeye butterfly. But I don’t see any chocolate or peanut butter so I’m not sure I believe it. Heh.


It’s the State of the Bug. Have you ever had a time when you had to go too badly to even brush your hair? Apparently I was having just such a day on Thursday. It was my second ultrasound in two weeks – this one for the uterus area (the first one didn't show any kidney issues). My facebook status for that moment was: Waiting on my ultrasound - they'd better hurry or things could get embarrassing! I’ll find out the results next week.


Friday, August 5th
Lots of pictures today. Dr. M took some pictures in our back yard. The cypress vine is doing its usual takeover.


Birds! I know, you never see birds on here… We’re thinking the blue one is maybe a White Breasted Nut Hatch.




Our garden.


And here’s the Tax Time Pig, looking pretty in purple.


Lookit! I made a tool! My boss had closed my blinds & then left, & I couldn’t reach to open them back up. So I put a paperclip on the cane handle. It worked fabulously.
  


Saturday, August 6th
Double double lilies!


My first ham, cheese & homegrown tomato sandwich of the year. (Please ignore the dirty dishes & bread crumbs on the counter. Thank you.)


Go to Sara’s blog here to see the blogs of all the other Project 365 participants. Have a great week!

17 comments:

  1. All very best wishes for Monday! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a great week. And your very nice bird and pictures.

    Thanks for your nice comment.
    Happy week:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm hoping your OR time is as uneventful as mine. I was very nervous and have never desired general anesthesia. The pre-op people were very sweet and made it easy-breezy. Wishing the same for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm keeping you in my thoughts for Monday. I'm sure all will be well and my wish is that you're up on two feet in no time.

    I love the squirrel with the suet. He's so athletic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The squirrel cracks me up and it looks like there was a lot of fun on the pontoon.

    And you mean people *don't* cheat at Scrabble? *looks shifty*

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, your tomato is gorgeous. we have one more green one. the squirrels don't bother ours but we lost quite a few to the rabbits once they discovered the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yum!! homegrown tomatoes!
    prayers for Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will be thinking about you on Monday and hoping that all goes well. Best picture yet of the Tax Time Pig!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tomatoes are the best part of summer gardening. Hope yours are tasty. (I see you're a mayo person rather than a Miracle Whip person. It's a southern thing, I think.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was hoping your state of the bug picture was going to be as you pretended to fall out of the boat. :)

    I've done that drinks lots of water for an ultrasound thing...its painful!!

    I will most definitely be thinking of you tomorrow and praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't believe you are just now getting tomatoes....ours are gone..burned up.

    I love going out on a pontoon....looks like you all had a great time!!!

    praying for you tomorrow. I hope you will be able to keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What ingenuity! You're a paper clip genius!

    Great week, I always love all the birds and squirrels...

    Good luck next week!

    Blessings
    R

    ReplyDelete
  13. What great pictures and a lovely blog ... best wishes for Monday x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pontoon boats are the best! So relaxing and fun. Congrats on your tomato. That tax time pig always cracks me up.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Monday as in TOMORROW? WOW! WIshing you the best!!!

    I actually have had to pee for the past 30 minutes so I'm making that face now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes, the pig takes the cake! Somebody is having way too much fun dressing that pig. :)
    I'll be thinking about you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Omgosh the tax time pig is hilarious. LOL My parents got their first tomatoes this past week and they are so big and yummy. Yours looks great. Lots more to come for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Twelve

I woke up not feeling well and skipped church (for the second week in a row - oops), but that doesn’t keep me from being deep in the throes ...