Monday, August 15, 2011

Monday Miscellany

Things are moving along just swimmingly at the Bug Household. Although I did hear the phrase "knotted plow line" muttered just a few minutes ago. If you'd like to make him feel a little more calm please visit Dr. M's blog today - he took some lovely moon shots the other day. Please, do it for me. Ha!

I seem to be recuperating by leaps and bounds. Dr. M & I are impressed with my therapy (so far just with him as the task master - haven't seen any sign of home health care yet). I'm having to remember that I still need to use my walker, which I take as a good sign. I'll bet I move straight to a cane by the end of the week.

My recovery is aided & abetted by the love I receive in the mail nearly every day. Here's my stash of cards:


Anne send the card on the bottom left, as well as a crossword puzzle book, a seek-a-word book (my salvation this week!), a James Patterson mystery and BROWNIES. Wow - those brownies are the BEST. My friend Bev sent a pack of cards of her original artwork, as well as one of her photo cards. See:



You should check out her artwork  - she's pretty fabulous. Another artist sent me a gift that arrived just today.


I had been feeling pitiful because no one had given me a prayer shawl & then Robin sent me one of hers! Thanks Robin! Isn't it lovely?

Several people had mentioned that I need a bag for the front of my walker, so I decided to see if I had any ingenuity left (after the great cane/paperclip escapade) & rigged up this little bag. Note my hair clip within easy reach should I have a MY HAIR IS TOO HOT GET IT OUT OF MY FACE emergency.

So we're doing ok. I think Dr. M's murderous impulses have been kept in check. Here is a picture from my afternoon constitutional yesterday. I look all calm, but in fact, I had a moment of terror as I realized that the cypress vine was trying to wrap around my arm. Yikes! and I'll bet you women know what my first thought was when I saw the picture: wonder how soon I can get a color appointment?


Have a nice day!

14 comments:

  1. Good for you, the art work is amazing!
    And I can post you a box of my extremely black hair dye if you like, although I think you have suffered enough pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just had the surgery so you could get a prayer shawl from Robin ,didnt you? ....I wouldnt blame you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad to hear your recovery is swift. I knew it would be. Hmmm, maybe I need some surgery. Just look at all that loot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are the ideal patient!

    You can have those roots done by tonight if you send Dr. M to the drugstore to buy Clairol Nice & Easy root touch up. It'll last a couple of weeks.

    When is home care coming? Sounds strange you haven't heard from them. Just be certain the consult reached them and didn't fall through the cracks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't mean to imply that I hadn't seen anyone at all. The nurse has been by twice, & the PT supervisor did my intake evaluation last week. I just hadn't had a PT visit yet. She's coming tomorrow.

    You know I would totally just color my hair again myself, but I kind of promised Dr. M that I'd let a professional do it next time - I don't think he likes the suspense & drama of me doing it myself. Coward!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you're doing really well!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can hardly believe how fast you are recuperating. I'm thinking it must have a lot to do with your attitude. This makes you an inspiration for me, and I'm sure many others, for when I have my knee replacement next year. I've had a terrible attitude about it, all negative, but now I'm realizing that a positive attitude really does work. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing gifts! Glad you're up and about! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So happy you are recovering well!

    Glad the Prayer Shawl arrived in one piece. It was an exercise in comic relief to watch me get it shoved down inside that envelope standing in line at the post office:)

    Blessings
    R

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad to see you doing so well. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. that art is really cool...glad you are getting some love as you recover...they must be doing something right in rehab

    ReplyDelete
  12. Please, no leaping and bounding ... YET. I am so impressed with how well you are doing. Don't poke sharp sticks at the zookeeper though. He might just feed them back to you!

    What a beautiful prayer shawl. Wow. I know some ladies who make them at my friend's church but I've not seen one that variegated in color. Looks very Kenyan!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well done - good to hear you are making such great progress! Lovely pics!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad to see you up and about. Love that artwork!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Twelve

I woke up not feeling well and skipped church (for the second week in a row - oops), but that doesn’t keep me from being deep in the throes ...