Ah Thursday. The day of thankfulness. Mostly because both words start with “th” & you can’t really have a meme without some kind of alliteration, right? If you’ve guessed that I’m being snarky because I’m feeling pretty perky, you’re right! I love Thankful Thursday & I’m only poking gentle fun. Really!
So, what’s got me grateful today?
· Dr. M’s new blog post. While I’ve been mired in my own recovery & sussing out each individual pain to determine if it’s “normal” or not (according to the interwebs, it is normal), Dr. M has been suffering with the northeast as they reel from Hurricane Irene. And of course, being him, he found some Hurricane Victim Sheep. Check it out here!
· I’m back at work! Woo hoo! The first day I did almost all the work that had accumulated in my 3 week absence. The second day I finished it up, and now I’m totally back to normal. I was pretty exhausted after those first two days, and that leads me to my next bullet point…
· I’m so grateful for a boss who says for me to do what I need to do – work through lunch, leave early, whatever. He’s just glad I’m back. That feels pretty good!
· Our back yard. It’s just been a delight, between the ridiculous number of geranium blossoms, to the hummingbirds, to the ridiculous number of other birds having a grand old time back there. We have had the best time just watching it all.
· I seem to have a new attitude toward fall this year. Usually it gives me great sadness to contemplate the end of summer, but I think the heat this year has just done me in. I’m ready for cooler temps and I was looking with nostalgia at some photos of last year’s snows. What? Maybe I have a fever…
· Finally, I am always & evermore thankful for my dear sweet husband. He worked so hard to make our house walker-ready, to do things for me that I couldn’t do for myself, to be a good host to Daddy & Amy even though he’d started teaching last week… He’s just the very best (yes, dear, even better than Mavis).