Saturday, March 25, 2017

2017 Project 365 – Week Twelve

Yeah yeah yeah – I keep promising pictures of the house & then forgetting to take any. Maybe someday…
Sunday, March 19th       
Today I actually DID get up in time (barely - I woke up at 9:00!) to go sing with my dad and his sisters at the senior center & then tried a local Episcopal church. I liked it ok – and the rector (a woman, of course – ha!) was arrested at one of North Carolina’s Moral Mondays a few years ago so I was impressed with that.  


Monday, March 20th           
Dr. M posted some bird pictures from this past week, including this one from today. You should go check it out!


Tuesday, March 21st                             
Nothing could be finer than to be in Caroliner…


Wednesday, March 22nd                     
I was all ready for our virtual book club – put on a bra & everything (but not makeup – I’m not that crazy). Then we decided to just do chat instead of trying to video conference. That was fine – we had a great time. (Note: this is a different red shirt from the day before - I think - I have, like, three of them that I wear constantly. The neighbors probably think I'm wearing the same one all week.)


Thursday, March 23rd                     
Ever since I got my fabulous chair I’ve been trying to talk Dr. M into getting a new chair for himself. Today he finally did – a ridiculously overstuffed large man’s chair. As you can tell, it’s pretty comfortable.


Friday, March 24th     
Dr. M outdid himself with the bird pictures today!


We had been talking fashion at work & I felt compelled to share my “going away” outfit from our wedding – I thought I was the stuff. Please excuse the quality – these are screen grabs from our wedding video.


Saturday, March 25th       
My cousin & her husband (of Hog’s Hill Pottery) were at a pottery show today so I stopped by to chat. They are both so talented!





Later, since it was a beautiful day, Dr. M & I went stalking the ancestors – found the headstone for his great-great-grandparents. And some very rackety killdeers!



Have a great week!

20 comments:

  1. It would take a big shoe horn to pry me out of Dr. M's chair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah - I certainly haven't had much opportunity to sit in it!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful pottery.

    I could live in that chair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you ever have any small nieces or nephews come to visit, don't let them sit in Dr M's chair. They may be swallowed up and never seen again. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks to me like you are right at home in Carolina. Your chair look so comfy and people seem to be finding you and you are finding them. The pottery is really great. Your wedding outfits are the Bees Knees! Very nice. The church has some cool architectural beams and looks inviting. So much homeliness!! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your "going away" outfit is fabulous. Very Annie Hall. I'm happy that so many birds have found you already. Good vibes at your new house.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love killdeer! (Is that the plural? Is it like "deer"?) When they run, it cracks me up. But you're right; they can make a significant din, especially when nesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were three of them & they really did make us laugh, running around.

      Delete
  7. Second Bella Rum on the going away outfit, super swanky hat,
    and yes, great chair,
    intriguing aside about the moral monday arrest? !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Moral Mondays were started during the last NC administration - to protest the way the government seemed determined to oppress the poor and disenfranchised. They would march in the capitol & some people were arrested for not moving.

      Delete
  8. you look like the stuff to me. and I do wear the same shirt all week if I'm not going out anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually do wear the same shirt for many days, but since we've moved I've tried to switch it up some for some reason. Not that people can tell one Reds shirt from another - ha!

      Delete
  9. That going away outfit is tremendous. Really. And the pottery, likewise. I love the vase with the trees, and I love all the birdies in your feeders. It looks to me like the settling is settling -- just like Dr. M. in his chair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do have some lovely pottery - I'm excited about using that bookcase to display it. We have other places for books :)

      Delete
  10. I'll have to show Mike all the pottery shots. Gorgeous!
    Cute pic of you two (recent), and fabulous "going away" pics!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Eleven

This week at work was brain intensive which means I’ve spent the weekend trying to use as few brain cells as possible. That might affect the...