Saturday, February 22, 2014

2014 Project 365 – Week Eight

This week is all about the selfie, apparently. Ha!
Sunday, February 16th     
I finished a winter set for my own self.


Later that day I was changing out of my church clothes & my hair got caught in my shirt. Made me spend some time trying to decide if I wanted to get a bob cut. I decided NOT.


Tomorrow’s lunch – spinach with grilled chicken, chickpeas, tomatoes, peppers, onions & cucumber. There’s also an apple & some cottage cheese for a snack.


Dr. M took better pictures of the moon this week, but this one made me think of the Death Star – ha!


Monday, February 17th
My valentine tulips…


Tuesday, February 18th            
Dr. M saw some wild turkeys in his travels today.


Wednesday, February 19th
The moon!


Thursday, February 20th    
Frozen pond.


Cows!


This one’s just like the Abbey Road picture, if George had decided to lay down in the road, right?


My third selfie of the week – after my haircut. I know you can’t tell, but it’s a bit shorter & there are some layers in there.


Friday, February 21st
Lambs!


Saturday, February 22nd     
My Valentine tulips looking lacy…


Have a great week!


Most of our photos are taken with a 12 megapixel Nikon D5000 DSLR, using a 55-200mm zoom lens. This is the camera that Dr. M takes with him most days. He also takes pictures with our old reliable 7 megapixel Canon Powershot A710.  The Bug uses our new Nikon Coolpix S6200 most of the time. If you’re interested in which camera was used for a particular shot, just ask! 

18 comments:

  1. Your hair looks absolutely gorgeous! I got a haircut, too, this week - my hair is now about 2 - 3 inches long. I can't handle long hair...it gets into my face and eyes and drives me nuts. But then, I also can't deal with scarves, hats, ruffles, lace, jewelry, etc. I have absolutely no sense for fashion. I suspect I look VERY utilitarian, LOL. I was born a few hundred years too soon. Those Star Trek uniforms seem perfect to me.

    Your lunch looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You had me at Star Trek, B...I sense that you would be a great crew member. You have a keen eye and a great sense of humor.

      Delete
  2. Awww, lambs! The winter set came out well, didn't it? You're so industrious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like the snow has vamosed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It mostly has - except for the vast snow plow piles...

      Delete
  4. omg, long thick hair. i'd either love or hate it. my hair is very thin and fine. when it was long I could pull it back in a pony tail that wouldn't be as thick as just one of my grandgirls pony tails when they were wearing two. great selfies and beautiful tulips. and a nice shot of that sheep's rear end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! He had an even better picture of a sheep's rear end, but I decided that might be over-sharing :)

      Delete
  5. Your hair looks great as it. Don't touch it. And that lunch looks disgustigly healthy. Just sayin'. :)

    S

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can totally see how the layers frame your face...looks pretty. Thats the kind of haircut I've done most of my life. My sister gives me a hard time about it, but it works. And my hair grows slowly, so chopping it would be a commitment.

    I really like the color blue you chose for the scarf and am always amazed that you taught yourself via the computer.

    YAY for tulips!! Even after rain and two days in the 50s, we still have so much snow. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll probably stick with this cut for a while longer - you're right about the commitment! I used to never care how short I cut my hair, but I worked hard to get it this length!

      Spring is coming - so I've heard :)

      Delete
  7. Loved, Loved, Loved the tulips! I love the things and cannot grow them to save my life. I liked the layers and how they framed your face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We'll see how our tulip-growing experiment works.

      Delete
  8. Lovely colorful winter set!
    Nice haircut!
    You and Dr. M are making me fall in love with your rural area. Is OH that beautiful or is it your photography?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I must be weird but I enjoy seeing your lunches. They look so delicious and organized. I wish I could get my closet that organized.

    That last tulip shot is gorgeous.

    We used to own property where wild turkeys and deer roamed, but we sold it last year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Twelve

I woke up not feeling well and skipped church (for the second week in a row - oops), but that doesn’t keep me from being deep in the throes ...