Sunday, July 17, 2022

2022 Project 365 – Week Twenty-eight

Today I spent some quality time crocheting a very long ribbon, and then ripping it out several times before I was happy with it. It mostly looks like a jumbled mess. And now I get to crochet another one just like it! And THEN I get to assemble the two of them into a complicated design for an afghan square. Sometimes I wonder if I’m right in the head (the answer is that none of us are, but some of us are less right than others).
Sunday, July 10th          
I tried very hard to capture the glory that is (are?) my new Feryl Designs earrings. They change in the light & I think they are magnificent.
 

Monday, July 11th
In Sunday’s photos you can see a bit of my new polka dot dress. I wore it again to work on Monday & this is what it looks like. I love it.
 


It was Family Mexican night. I love spending time with Daddy, Sue, my brother, and his wife, but I also love having leftover Mexican food for lunch the next day.
 

Tuesday, July 12th      
I was influenced by a couple of separate people on Instagram that raved about a carpet cleaning product. This whole rug really needs to be cleaned, but it also had a lot of random spots on it from the previous owner (I love the colors, and have always been too trifling to care about the stains because that would require work on my part). I think this cleaner did a pretty good job! I need to work on it a little more, and then do an allover clean. More later!
 

Wednesday, July 13th            
No photo.
 
Thursday, July 14th         
Random flowers from the yard, plus one bumblebee on the anise hyssop.
 

Friday, July 15th         
Traffic jam on my way to work! One of my high school classmates says this happens all the time on this road, but it was the first time I’ve had to stop for pigs. Ha!
 

Saturday, July 16th         
In the gloaming…
 


Yesterday I spent some more time working on the rug, which required squatting (for about two seconds before I gave up & just sat down). Oh my goodness – I’m so sore today! I really (really really) need to start moving my body more and working out with light weights. Stretching & walking and lifting must commence or I’m going to be that little old lady who has trouble getting out of her chair. Who am I kidding – I already have to hoist myself up and I really don’t weigh THAT much. Pathetic. How about you – do you have a regular workout regimen, or are you naturally fit? I know at least three of you spend your days doing things that keep you in shape.
 

10 comments:

  1. I would be so excited if I had to stop for pigs in the road! That is my kind of traffic jam. (Exceeded only by cows, of course.) Actually, let's face it; I'm pretty jazzed when anything out of the ordinary happens and it includes wildlife.

    My fitness regimen consists of long, brisk walks and some yard work. I do whatever I can to stay mobile and active without actually committing to an exercise/workout program. I find that sort of thing boring and awful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A few weeks ago I had to stop for a whole slew of turkeys (what is a group of turkeys called? A trot?),but I couldn't get a photo. I was pretty happy to be able to document these pigs!

      I really need to up my brisk walk game.

      Delete
  2. I don't think I have ever been stopped by wandering pigs on a road! That rug cleaner definitely looks promising. My fitness regime is mostly about walking and yardwork these days, but I used to run and go to the gym all the time. (When I was younger and fitter!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - you were one of the three I was thinking about with all your long walks.

      Delete
  3. I've had to stop a time or two for a couple of loose cows but never pigs! Looking good in polka dots and new earrings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that polka dot dress. That's really classy and fun. Of course, so are the pigs. We don't have pigs like that here. I think it might be too hot to raise them, but I'm not sure. What we do have are feral hogs that get to be six hundred pounds, tear up suburban lawns and wildlife refuges, and crank out babies six at a time, multiple times a year. There's no hunting season for them. If you see one, shoot one is the rule. They're trying all sorts of things to get them under control -- and it's common to find dead ones along the highway. They roam at night, and can do as much damage to a car as any deer.

    As for my fitness regime? I call it going to work. Six-ten hours of sanding, climbing, stooping, bending, and such sure does take the place of a gym!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someone on FB was talking about how the pigs are feral & dangerous, but I said that these weren't those kinds of pigs (too clean for one thing!).

      And yes, you are one of the people I was thinking about who works too danged hard to need to "work out." Ha!

      Delete
  5. Your hair is super cute! Pigs in the road...that's interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Sixteen

It’s “cold” (53 degrees) and rainy and I am in my sheep pajamas with a warm laptop on my lap. I’m not mad about that. Sunday, April 14 th  ...