Sunday, October 30, 2022

2022 Project 365 – Week Forty-three

For reasons you will hear all about a little further down, my brain does not want to brain. So let’s just get started, shall we?
Sunday, October 23rd            
Temperature blanket through August – we’re getting there! Close-up of Samuel Spaniel and Carolina Cow being yarn bombed.   
 

Monday, October 24th
I had brought a half an avocado to eat with my lunch, forgetting that we were going to have pizza at work. I’ve got to say, this was really tasty!


Tuesday, October 25th       
The Roy came to visit Dr. M! He got plenty of scritches and a treat (or three).
 

Wednesday, October 26th                 
Autumn scenes from around the neighborhood.
 

Thursday, October 27th           
A moody bowl of McIntosh apples… (They are so good!)
 

Friday, October 28th           
Even though I came home early from work (because I thought I was catching a cold), I still spent some time getting ready for some dinosaur shenanigans!
 

Saturday, October 29th       
Our church had trunk or treat today. I was still feeling bad (had a low grade fever in the morning), but I decided to go ahead & go because that dinosaur costume is its own hazmat suit – the “windows” kept fogging up because it got so steamy in there. I stayed away from people when it was unzipped (see the photo of me on my phone – ha!). The kids really love the dinosaur and it’s a lot of fun to see how excited they are. I’m going to try to upload a couple of videos too.
 





Well reader, I finally got got by Covid. I started feeling bad on Friday, and then today I tested positive. So far it’s been mainly a snot event – charming! So I’m going to be hanging out at home for the next several days. Dr. M hasn’t tested yet, but he’s pretty sure he has it too. Here’s hoping our symptoms remain mild!

9 comments:

  1. Good luck with the Covid. Speaking of weird things on pizza, I was dining on some reheated pizza the other day and Judy had a roll of cranberry crusted goat cheese going with her crackers. I took one but some of the cheese fell off and i promptly smeared it on my slice of pizza. It was fine but the lady of the house emitted a loud "Ewwwww". Some people have no imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dinosaur is the best! For that matter, those apples look pretty darned good, too. I'm sitting here trying to remember if I've seen McIntoshes in the stores, and I don't think I have. Maybe I need to try another store. I do remember them as a good apple, and I'm really fond of apples. Sorry to hear about your bout with covid. I hope you're feeling better now. I just got my flu vaccination a couple of weeks ago -- maybe three weeks -- but I'm passing on the latest covid booster. I got the first two shots and the first booster, but I'm done with it now. I've never masked, never had a test, and haven't been sick since around 2009, so I'll just focus on keeping my immune system healthy and losing some more weight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could stand to focus on losing some more weight too!

      Delete
  3. I saw a video of two people in T-Rex costumes having a snowball fight. It was hilarious! Sorry to hear about the covid. I tested myself 3 times when I was sick, all negative so it was just some kind of snotty grunge. And Marc never felt sick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Unfortunately both of us have tested positive now. It is, to be fair, mostly a snotty grunge at the moment. We hope it is more a nuisance than a threat..

      Delete
    2. I can't figure out how they reached down to pick up the snow. I couldn't bend down without risking falling over. Ha!

      Delete
  4. That dinosaur costume was popular this year. Lots of them wandering around our neighbourhood on Trick or Treat night.

    So sorry you have Covid at your house. I hope you have a light case and quick recovery with no long lasting effects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so much fun to be inside the costume because the kids really love it (I'm not ordinarily a kid attractor, so it's a nice change).

      I'm sitting in my office with a bit of a cough, little bit of congestion, but mostly alert. Glad it's the weekend!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Fifteen

The world seems to be coming apart at the seams, and here I am, writing my little posts… Sunday, April 7 th                               A...