Sunday, December 11, 2022

2022 Project 365 – Week Forty-nine

Remember how I said that Christmas hadn’t exploded at our house yet? Well. Just you wait and see.
Sunday, December 4th             
Dr. M helped me out by eating the pound cake. He said it had a hint of molasses in it, which he liked. More power to him is what I say. 


Monday, December 5th     
Dr. M started out the week by pulling out some old favorites, including our tree! Chloe (the flamingo) and Martha (the goose) are flanking the flower that Dr. M got for his mother’s grave. We kind of liked it there, but he ended up taking it to the graveyard yesterday, where it also looks very nice.


Tuesday, December 6th           
Dr. M got his 2nd shingles vaccine and COVID bivalent booster, and then spent some quality time putting his grandmother’s old glass ornaments on the tree. I love that we have these, and we’ve started putting them toward the center of the tree to make the lights reflect off of them more (thanks to my cousin Kim for the idea).


Wednesday, December 7th                     
I was craving Chipotle & Dr. M came up with this idea: leftover rice, leftover veggie spinach quinoa soup (strained), the innards of a chicken ranch wrap, sour cream & cilantro lime sauce. It was so good!
 

Ms. Pinky still blooming away. She and Rita aren’t all that happy inside, but at least they’re warm!
 
Thursday, December 8th             
Brittany Griner was freed! I took a screen shot of this great news when I saw it on my phone. There are lots of different opinions out there – I’m in the “I know it’s complicated but I’m very happy” camp.


Dr. M put up our Moravian star to make our driveway a little less dark. I love seeing it when I drive home after work (SINCE THE SUN IS GOING TO BED ENTIRELY TOO SOON THESE DAYS).
 

Friday, December 9th            
I got my first shingles vaccine and then stopped by my dad’s house. They had been to a thrift store to get more jigsaw puzzles (.49 each!) and saw this little dude that they thought Dr. M needed (at least I think that’s where he came from). I think he’s adorable.
 

Saturday, December 10th     
I was feeling poorly for most of the day (I am glad to be done with vaccines for a while!), but I did put some more ornaments on the tree. And I crocheted this hat for my air plant person. I had knocked it off the counter one too many times and the plant died. I think the hat is pretty cute though.
 


Well once again the weekend was way too short. I have all these things I want to do but I’m running out of time. Of course, I could have been doing them while I played a game on my iPad, or rootled around on Facebook, or while I was looking for a hat pattern that I most certainly don’t need. Ah well, I have 5 hours until I need to start getting ready for bed – let’s see how much I accomplish.  

13 comments:

  1. Love your Moravian star and that's a very cute little hat. I think I'm going to succumb and get the shingles shot at my next physical though I'd hate to have to drive that hour again just to get the second one. I've been wishy washy about the latest covid booster but I suppose I should get that one too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The window for the second shot is more than two months and preferably less than six months. I waited nearly six months to get my second shingles shot. My doctor says that even after six months, you don't have to repeat the first shot. I don't know how long after six months she meant, but maybe that gives you some flexability.

      Delete
    2. I heard about a study showing that the bivalent booster is most effective 8 months after your prior booster (or COVID infection). Oops - my booster was 6 months ago & I had COVID a month ago. Ah well, at least it will offer some protection.

      Delete
  2. I'm changing health care providers as of 1/1, and I think I finally can get my shingles shot. I got one a few years ago, but I need to get the two-shot series. It wasn't covered under my old drug plan, and I couldn't afford it. Now, maybe I finally can make that move. No more Covid boosters for me, thank you. I got one, and after all the reports and research, I'm done with that.

    I love that Moravian star. But inquiring minds want to know: who is your air plant person? The person who gave you the air plant? If so, she (or he) must have a very tiny head!

    It was gorgeous here today. I went down to Galveston to visit with some friends, and had a great seafood lunch at a marina. The surfers were out in force, too. The waves weren't so great but it was in the 70s and sunny after some heavy morning rain, so why not?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't figure out what to call the figurine, but now you've given me the image of the person who gave me the plant wearing this tiny hat & that makes me laugh.

      Delete
  3. I'm all vaxxed up. Flu, RSV, and Covid levels are quite high here, and I'm grateful for the force field.

    What I'd really like is to actually see some sunshine. We've been so gloomy and grey for so long that I feel it's perpetually 5pm. There's no sign of it changing any time soon. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been pretty gloomy here too, and actually cold (it's 38 degrees right now). I'm Pretty Sure I moved away from Ohio, but maybe I should check my location on my phone.

      Delete
  4. "Rootled" is a good word! I think we had those same glass ornaments when I was a kid. (My brother has them now.) I was happy about Brittney Griner too. And yes, our geraniums are likewise not thrilled to be inside, but they definitely wouldn't want to be out!

    You mentioned my commenting (or lack thereof). I think I know what's going on. I usually scroll down my bloglist and comment on blogs until I reach the ones I've already read, and I do that every few days. But because you post weekly I don't always catch your post (because more recently posted daily blogs come up first on my list) and then I just lose track. I'll try to pay more attention! Sorry about that. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use bloglovin to track blogs, but it's hit or miss these days & when I have to depend on my blog roll I DEFINITELY miss things!

      Delete
  5. Yorkshire Pudding has a blog post today that Dr. M could identify with. I emailed him but not sure his address is still valid so you might send him to YP's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 49 cent puzzles - I want some!
    I hear that shingles vaccine isnt a easy one... but shingles aint no joy ride either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I didn't find it as bad as I thought I would. Sure, I didn't feel fabulous the next day, and my arm was definitely sore for several days, but it wasn't horrible. I think I compare everything to the yellow fever (I think) vaccine I had to get before I went to Zambia (way back in 1986). That thing was HORRIBLE.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Fifteen

The world seems to be coming apart at the seams, and here I am, writing my little posts… Sunday, April 7 th                               A...