Thursday, December 22, 2022

Merry Christmas!



I’ve been spending time
In Matthew 25.
 
“I was hungry and you fed me,
I was thirsty and you gave me a drink,
I was homeless and you gave me a room,
I was shivering and you gave me clothes,
I was sick and you stopped to visit,
I was in prison and you came to me.”
 
I fall short.
I fall short.
 
I am not meant to be
just a Sunday person.
The babe didn’t come
for my comfortable pew
and my hymns of praise.
 
Fifty-eight years of
O Little Town and
Joy to the World
didn’t prepare me for a
wide open heart
weeping for the world.
 
What is next?
I aim for home
in the deepening twilight
knowing that I’m
missing the mark.
 
But look – there’s a
tiny brown hand
wrapped around my
little finger.
 
Let’s start there.
 
Dana & Mike Rhyne
Christmas 2022



4 comments:

  1. Beautiful and thought-provoking! Merry Christmas to both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas to you and Mike. Have a warm and cozy holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the ornament and what you added.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Fifteen

The world seems to be coming apart at the seams, and here I am, writing my little posts… Sunday, April 7 th                               A...