Sunday, June 30, 2024

2024 Project 365 – Week Twenty-five

Work work work… We’re so close to being on the other side of our big work project. Although I know there will be cleanup, and follow up, and throwing our hands up, at least we’ll be working in one (brand spanking new) system instead of two. I might take the weekends off again!

Sunday, June 23rd      

Sunday bloomers! Including an emo rudbeckia. Ha!



I finally finished that cardigan I was working on. I’m trying to decide what to do with it. It’s a smidge small for me and it’s NOT my colors. Give it away? Sell it? Do YOU want it? It’s a large.  



Monday, June 24th  

I just love this photo Dr. M got of this dude. It wouldn’t stay still long enough to get in focus, but it’s still a great picture.


Here I am doing my happy dance after I solve a sticky problem at work. 


Tuesday, June 25th   
The tallest mum in the world (and friends)!



Wednesday, June 26th  

I spent a frantic few minutes looking for my glasses. It was a great start to the day!



Thursday, June 27th    

Wore a topknot to work and just decided to roll with it even though I’m not sure a woman my age should wear a topknot. Or do I get to ignore rules like that now?



Friday, June 28th     

Ate tuna for breakfast & posted these photos on the socials wondering if the tuna was the sin my necklace was referring to. 



Meanwhile, Dr. M found a peacock!



Saturday, June 29th     

Dr. M ran his dad out of the house (turned the air conditioner down so he could get some work done), but Pop found a happy place to land with one of his best friends.




I’m not going to talk about politics. It’s too depressing. Also, I had the weirdest dream last night & I think it’s telling me to take a step back. I dreamed that Stephanie Ruhle was interviewing George Conway who had suddenly become right handed after being left handed his whole life. Stephanie was talking about how it must be hard to learn how to do things differently - especially since she had a hard time doing her hair anyway. I told her I thought she looked great considering she was wearing Sherrod Brown’s hair today. 

What. In. The. World. This is the Bug, signing off from politics for the time being.

9 comments:

  1. What's emo? I've never heard the word. Weekends off sounds great. I'm done with anything but work for the next few weeks, since both the catalytic converter and the air conditioner in my car died, and replacing those babies takes larger chunks of money than I have at hand. Given the interest rates, I sure don't want to keep a few thousand on a credit card any longer than I have to!

    That cardigan is great, but all I can think is HOTHOTHOT! We're so deep into high summer now that people already are counting the days until October. Yikes. I'm not so fond of daylilies, but that fluffy orange one you have is really nice. I could be happy to have that one around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emo is a term for people and/or rock music that are/is overly sensitive, emotional, and full of angst. So sorry about your car situation. Those are definitely expensive repairs! Like you, we are trying to stay debt-free.

      Delete
    2. We got the fluffy orange one from Ellen Abbott!!

      Delete
  2. It is nice to see your life through the week. Such great flowers. they remind me of my life on the farm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is thecomtemplativecat here . I already commented above. For some reason, I get "anonymous" listing now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Only dear Sherrod looks good in his hair. LOL
    It's very kind of you to offer up your handmade sweater. I know how much work goes into making garments.
    I spend a great deal of time searching for not my glasses, but my phone. Honestly, I'm sick of both of them anymore. I need to strap them both around my neck, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do the same with my phone. It's a good thing I listen to audiobooks on my commute to/from work or my phone would be left behind ALL THE TIME.

      Delete
  5. I like the dress and yes, you get to ignore all rules about what women should wear and how they do their hair. I'm with you, I am ignoring all politics for a while. I'm totally disgusted with the SC.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Twenty-five

Work work work… We’re so close to being on the other side of our big work project. Although I know there will be cleanup, and follow up, and...