FOREVER ago a couple of bloggers tagged me and I completely forgot that I meant to respond. The first person who tagged me was That One Girl from Life Along the Way. I was supposed to tell you 11 things about myself, then answer 11 questions, & then tag other folks. Then later Bruce from Oddball Observations gave me the Versatile Blogger award. In that one I’m supposed to list 7 things about myself & then tag other people.
Well, I’m not going to tag other people. Instead I’m going to insist that you go visit That One Girl (either here or at her gardening blog) and Bruce, here. Thanks guys!
OK, first 11 things about myself (or, as a versatile blogger, 7 things PLUS 4):
1. I recently taught myself to crochet (using youtube videos mostly) and now yarn bag is out of control. It’s getting heavy!
2. I’m pretty worried about what the summer will be like since spring started so early.
3. I’ve mentioned this on here before, but since I have some newer readers, I’ll mention it again. When I was a little girl & didn’t like boys, all my Barbies had illegitimate babies because I’d heard that that meant they didn’t have fathers. So my Barbies didn’t have to mess around with boys. Oops.
4. I had tubes in my ears as a child & never learned to swim properly.
5. I had a crush on Encyclopedia Brown and the Colin kid from The Secret Seven books (I think – I just spent a ridiculous amount of time trying to find a children’s mystery book series with a character named Colin in it – but this is a British author & I don’t remember knowing that the kids were in England. Would these books have been in my North Carolina library in the 70s?).
6. I’m afraid of dogs.
7. In my head I’m a no nonsense plain jane, but in reality I’m kinda girly.
8. I’m having trouble coming up with more stuff to say.
9. I’m really sad that I’m almost at the end of the Barbara Holloway book series, & I’m pretty sure that there won’t be anymore.
10. La la la la…
11. Oh! I used to be a decent ping pong player. I haven’t played in years though.
Whew! OK, now to answer the 11 questions:
1. If you could go back and do something in your life over, would you? Sure there are things that I might wish I had done differently, but I like where I am & would I be here if I’d majored in English instead of Accounting? Here’s something that probably wouldn’t have changed the course of my life: If I’d known better I would have asked the caterers at my wedding to pack TWO baskets of food since sleepy little Lake Lure was already in bed by the time we got there for our honeymoon & there wasn’t anywhere to get dinner.
2. What is your hidden talent? I’m a blogger - do you honestly think that I would still have a hidden talent? Ha! Well, ok, I can make origami cranes – the kind where you pull the tail & the wings move.
3. If you could change your name, would you? If so, what would you change it to? When I was in the 2nd grade I asked to go by my middle name – Marie. But I’m ok with Dana now.
4. What is your favorite childhood memory? Wow this is a hard question! Hmm – that Christmas that Mom didn’t write any names on the presents & Joe & I had a free-for-all – that was fun :)
5. What is your favorite adult memory? My wedding day.
6. Do you have any pets? Dr. M! (I know, I say this every time – but it never gets old to me- ha!).
7. What size shoe do you wear? 6 ½ US Women’s
8. If you could meet one person, past, present, or future, who would it be? The historical Jesus.
9. What is your biggest fear? Not having enough money to pay our bills.
10. What is your favorite meal? This is totally not fair! It depends on what mood I’m in. Maybe it’s pizza, or Mexican, or livermush & eggs. You just never know.
11. Which is better? Chocolate, Vanilla or Neapolitan ice cream? Yes
OK, go visit my friends. Heck – check out all the blogs I follow :)