I decided to participate in the Wednesday Random Dozen again. This week it's being hosted by Southlakesmom at I Didn't Know THAT!. Go to her site to check out the other folks who are participating.
1. What is your favorite sign of Spring?
3. If soil, time, talent and climate were no problem, what vegetable would you plant in a garden this year? Just one? Hmmm. Cabbage! I'm TOTALLY kidding. I hate cabbage. I think I'd grow lettuce. If I had more choices, then I'd add tomatoes, peppers, cheese (what, that doesn't grow in a garden?). I'd basically like to walk out my door & have instant salad!
4. If soil, time, talent and climate were no problem, what fruit would you plant? Blueberries! For my salad.
5. What is your least favorite insect? I'm going to say slugs. Are they in the insect family? I refuse to go find out! Blech!
6. March 22 was World Water Day. To celebrate, here are some water questions. Do you drink bottled water? If so, what brand? I used to buy fairly cheap bottled water & then just wash & refill the bottles with water from my Brita pitcher. Now I use a metal water bottle (Flylady brand, if you're interested – if you put ice in it at night the ice is still there in the morning!).
7. Have you ever been somewhere that it was not safe to drink the local water? If so, how did you handle that? No, even in Zambia the water was fine (for me anyway – I think some missionaries had problems). I do remember being at Girl Scout camp one year – we were tasting foods from around the world & I couldn't find a single thing to drink! So I just kept eating the pineapple from the Hawaii table.
8. How many glasses of water do you drink per day? Sadly, since we were told that soft drinks can count as our liquid for the day I've decreased my water consumption. Even though I know that it's better for me. I probably drink about five glasses (40 oz.) a day on a regular basis.
9. March 24 is the birthday of Harry Houdini. Have you ever watched a professional magic show? Share. No. I don't think my nephew B1 counts, although he did like to show us his card tricks.
10. Have you ever been a participant in a professional magic show (up on stage!)? Nope – and I don't think it's happening at this late date!
11. March 24 is also the birthday of Steve McQueen and Clyde Barrow. Do you like Westerns or gangster movies? If so, what is your favorite? It probably depends on the director – I like some of each. I generally like westerns better than gangster movies, but I think it's the scenery more than anything. I did really like The Untouchables (the baby carriage scene is pretty amazing).
12. (Really random) What U.S. state that you've never visited would you like to visit someday? This is TOUGH. There are so many I've never visited. I haven't been to New England, or the west coast. In fact the farthest west I've been is Kentucky (with a teensy little foray into Missouri when we drove across a bridge & then back again). But I think at the top of my list would be northern California to visit the redwood forest.
In summary, I need to keep looking out for flowers, drink more water, stock up on salad items, and plan a trip to California!