- My boss is back from vacation and I'm busy! I like it!
- I've been listening to the audio book, The Year of Living Biblically, One Man's Humble Quest to Follow the Bible as Literally as Possible, by A.J. Jacobs. I'm on disk 5 of 12. The author is an agnostic, secular Jewish man whose previous memoir was about his attempt to read the Encyclopedia Brittanica in one year. He is both earnest and hilarious as he attempts to wend his way through the morass that is Biblical law. He treats the religious people he meets with curiosity and respect - spending three hours with a Jehovah's Witness representative, visiting the Creation Museum in Northern Kentucky, and visiting an Amish Bed & Breakfast. Personally, I think that religious & non-religious people who like his brand of humor would enjoy this book a great deal. Although I still have 7 disks to go - maybe he'll lose me before the end. Thanks to my cousin KJ for getting me started (she called me while she was reading the chapter on stoning & was cracking up telling me I had to read this book).
- I'm wearing my Toms shoes again today - it feels like I'm wearing slippers!
- The weather has been really nice here this week - cool & sunny. I brought the camera to work with me. I plan to take pictures of flowers - and maybe some geese - during lunch today.
- Dr. M is giving a lecture on Abraham Lincoln for the history club tonight. Which makes me think about Confederate History Month and this quote from The Daily Kos: "Mississippi Governor Haley Barbour claims that there's no need, really, to mention slavery during 'Confederate History Month,' saying that 'It’s trying to make a big deal out of something that doesn’t matter for diddly.'" Really? And don't even get me started on why we need to celebrate confederate history. I might be from the south, but I always thought I was a Yankee.
- I went by the local courthouse today to pick up the application and study guide to become a Notary Public. This is for my job. I will not be putting out a shingle & notarizing car titles. (Car titles scare me). I was amused that the study guide is called "A Manual for Notaries Public." They're just showing off that they know how to pluralize Notary Public.
- There is a concrete pig at a house that I drive by on my way to work. The pig is always dressed seasonally appropriately. He's been Santa Claus, Cupid, a Leprechaun, and today he has an ice pack on his head & is holding a sign saying "Tax Time." I wanted to get a picture, but I would have to actually park in the driveway to do it. Yes, I am a coward. Sigh.
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
My Own Brand of Random
I wanted to do the Wednesday Random Dozen, but I ran out of energy last night. So I'm just going to spout my own brand of
This week is all about food and selfies. Thank goodness Dr. M took a few other photos so there’s a wee bit of variety. Sunday, August 7 th ...
I’m feeling somewhat disconsolate this week because of the things that are happening nationally. I’m trying to hold on to all the good thin...
The first full week back at work after a holiday or vacation is the longest. I felt quite uninspired photographically, but still managed to ...