Sunday, October 10, 2010

Trouble


This is a guest post from my Dad. Actually, it's an email he sent me the other day – I immediately replied asking if I could post it on my blog because it made me smile.

Kittens at Daddy's house in July 2006. I guess one of these could be Trouble...

Trouble was a young tomcat with one green eye and the other one blue, to go with his white coat. He was of low I.Q., like most cats, but not a problem in general – I suppose I called him Trouble to give him confidence.

Then he got his first call to duty. Didn't know what to do. He would go down to the field and come back. He knew something was in the air, but he didn't know what. We started calling him Troubled.

About a week ago he didn't come for his breakfast. Days went by, but his food remained untouched. This was the moment of truth – he was either tomcattin' or dead. Well folks, this afternoon a certain cat came swaggering back home – said my name is Trouble, and give me something to eat!

7 comments:

  1. Now that's a story that catches you in the throat. Leave it to a cat to cause you anxiety and come home expecting a compliment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when they give you that look..you know the "what'd I do" look. At least he came home, but trouble always seems to know where a person lives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahaha
    LOVED the story! Now I can see, you got your writing genes from your daddy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I'm sorry, but that is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cats do always seem so entitled... but very cute story!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Twelve

I woke up not feeling well and skipped church (for the second week in a row - oops), but that doesn’t keep me from being deep in the throes ...