Saturday, October 16, 2010

Weekly Wordzzle



I should write these on Monday when I'm feeling sharper. Instead I wait until the weekend and expect the soft tofu of my brain to come up with something fascinating. Sigh. Ah well, the words are used in ways that actually maybe perhaps make sense. Now I'm off to see if a good night's sleep will firm up that tofu so I can tackle the Poetry Bus prompt.

The words for the mini: ink, cool whip, every cloud has a silver lining, static, platform  

Jayne was trying to decide whether to get some new ink. She really liked her other tattoo – a broken heart symbol. It was a perverse comfort to her when Jacob left her. Every time she caught a glimpse of it in the mirror it reminded her to watch her step. She was watching her step now – strolling along in her platform wedges she felt cool as Cool Whip. But she remembered what it felt like to fall. The problem was, tattoos were such a static art form. You couldn't exactly redecorate when you were bored with them. But, still, she was very tempted to add a new one to commemorate her new love & her new motto: every cloud has a silver lining.

Words for this week's 10-word challenge: chilled to the bone, market, back to work, floating, lynx, glutted, shelter, garage sale, honey, marginal   

I know I should be glad to be back to work. Even if it's a floating shift. In a department with marginal bonus potential. In an industry that has already glutted the market. The negative self talk is not helping here. Glad glad glad glad – if I say it often enough will I really mean it? Did I want to lose my home & have to live in a shelter? Did I want to sell all my worldly possessions for $1 each at a garage sale? I should be chilled to the bone just contemplating how close I came to utter disaster. So I will give the trainer, Ms. Lynx, my full attention. This is not the land of milk and honey, but it's not a berth on Charon's ferry either.


Head over to Raven's place to read some other Wordzzles – I know I say it every week, but you won't be disappointed.

3 comments:

  1. Well done! That second one was what I think of as a wordzzle masterpiece - really condensed use of the words. I thought this particular batch was especially difficult. Nearly wore my brain out coming up with something... which may say as much as the quality of my brain as anything else. Anyway, excellent pieces as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so stinkin' good at this. You have a great imagination and write well, so those two things put together=well, brilliance! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you have to say!

2024 Project 365 – Week Fifteen

The world seems to be coming apart at the seams, and here I am, writing my little posts… Sunday, April 7 th                               A...